6.7.09

Any tips on staying awake while watching NASCAR?

May be...

  • Generally Nascar races are replayed, so I recommend you to watch the replay, so you won't miss the races but you won't miss your sleeptime either.
  • Get a DVR.
  • well sounds like you need a dvr or tivo to record the race and watch it at a more appropriate time. Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Kyle Busch and Jimmie Johnson are the best drivers.imo of course
  • Not a bit tough, eh? Winny, wait till I get through with you.

    Several of us have been telling you for the last 2 weeks since you've ventured into Nascar territory, it ain't over till it's over. You've gotta stop drinking then you won't fall asleep. But whatever you do, you MUST see the last 20 laps of any Nascar race, if you see absolutely nothing else.

    If you want a real winner; someone who's not a whiney loser or an overly aggressive, inconsiderate (some might say dirty), childish driver, then as some have already suggested, #14, Tony Stewart; "Smoke" He sure smoked 'em whilst you were sleeping!

    I award you a star for your effort, though. Next time DON'T GO TO SLEEP! And don't listen to trolls like one or two who posted a little before me.

    BTW- we were even till you got your knickers in a knot and teed off on poor little moi. Be careful. Paybacks are hell. :-o
  • You can watch it on-line and off load to a m-p3
  • Get a DVR. Best thing you'll ever buy. By the way, I doubt that youll fall asleep during a Restrictor Plate race!
  • Take a nap before hand and have plenty of caffinated beverages on hand. Soda, coffee, energy drinks, etc.
    As far as drivers, I would recommend Tony Stewart. He is a great driver and is doing great on a new team.
    Brad Keselowski (not running full time yet) and Joey Logano would be good choices because they are showing promise and you could follow them from the start of their cup careers.
  • Keep watching, learn the story lines and the rivalries, etc. As you become more interested in the sport, you won't be able to sleep. For example, I'm a huge F1 fan as well. I watch every race live no matter what. Sometimes I have to set my alarm for 3am but I do it baby!
  • Sleep until the race starts, then at 2:30 wake up and drink some coke or something. By the way, I'm going to the UK soon, so I hope you are fun over there. Cheer for Kasey Kahne and David Reutimann. They're my favorites. I want you to teach you in the ways of the force.
  • Before you all start shouting at me, it is a serious question!

    I'm in the UK and watched my very first live NASCAR race last weekend. However, because of the time difference, it started here at 0030 on Sunday, so it's way past my bedtime. I vaguely remember the first third of the race, maybe. However, I missed all the excitement at the end that you're all talking about. What happened? I woke up at 0730 with a crick in my neck having fallen asleep on my sofa. Very disappointed in myself. At least suggest a driver for me to follow! Thanks.
  • Might I suggest that you take a nap earlier? I was a fan of Pat Cash in tennis, so when he played Davis Cup, I would take a nap in the evening so I could get up and watch him. You probably don't want to hear my take on what happened because I'm still pretty irate over it. My top two drivers crashed like that burns me up!
  • Take a quick power nap in the middle of the race. It helps.
  • I watch the races online too. The channel I watch repeats the stream several times during the next day. You could probably email the jtv channel owner and get a time. Being in the UK you could avoid any spoilers and watch it the next day at a better time. Or get wired like suggested above lol.

    I may have watched it with you, I remember someone saying "it's 00:30 here" when the race started.
  • Go for a winner like Tony Stewart #14, he will keep you awake because he is always in the thick of the battle if not winning them.
  • Tony Stewart! Get a DVR! Nice to know UK supports Nascar.
  • Well, it's definitely easier here because it's not on a 3:30 am. Try taking a nap first.

    As far as a driver. there are driver profile pages on NASCAR.com. Read through them and try to pick one. Maybe there is a sponsor, or car manufacturer you like????

    Welcome aboard.
  • LOL An F1 fan asking how to stay awake for a NASCAR race...thats rich. Don't bother watching. Go back to F1 or watch paint dry ...both give you the same level as excitement.
    Seems like the good people here don't recall your other questions. Insults not so cleverly disguised as real questions.
  • Try juggling 3 chainsaws while feeding a hungry crocodile, have the NAPCAR on in the background, that might work but I wouldn't bet on it!
  • I have a crick running through my back yard. I'll tell you what my friend. If you fall asleep or can't stay awake, your not a true fan. It's O.K. though. Here's what you do: Don't give up. Keep watching. Either your a fan or your not. If you are a fan, sooner or later your going to quit cheating yourself out of all the excitement, and you will stay awake, alert, and focused. If you have to, record the race. But if you record the race, you have to get a friend or two to watch it with you. If you have a couple of guys commenting on the race, it's ten times more fun. If you can't record the race because your watching online, buy a bigger "monitor" and tell your friends they have to come over to your pad, because your watching the race. Sleep is kind of a waste of life, if you miss the race. Prioritize!
  • Record the race and watch it at a decent hour. I was out Saturday night, taped the race and watched it Sunday morning.ref1210a
  • No comments: