10.7.09

I went to the British Grand Prix and I was wondering?

May be...

  • I went to the Britsh Grand Prix 2009 this year, I was thinking that F1 is full of glory hunting fans. What I mean is that, half of the fans who supported Mclaren last year are now supporting Brawn GP and they all have the official Brawn GP caps, I am still a Mclaren Supporter and always will be.
    But I was wondering,
    Are Brawn GP fans Ex-Mclaren fans who have jumped ship to support Brawn becasue now their winning and Lewis Hamilton and Mclaren arn't.
  • I have been a BMW fan and a fan of Kubica but living in the sates I will show support for USGP, I want them to win and I want to be proud of a American based team since we don't have that luxury as you european fans have so I guess I can't say I would be jumping ship but sharing my support!
  • Not everyone supports a team as you do. Many fans mainly support a driver, so their allegiance to a team therefore changes as the driver moves to a different team. I suspect many of the Brawn cap wearers are actually Jenson fans. They probably still have their Honda caps somewhere down the back of the sofa.

    Having said that, I think British fans are very pleased to have another British team to add to McLaren and Williams and do actually want to establish a fan base for the team. There are glory hunting fans in every sport, but I really don't think there are too many amongst the serious F1 fans.

    I support both Jenson and Lewis because they're British, but I thought I'd look silly with both Brawn and McLaren caps on, so I just wore my Force India cap!
  • Yea I think people probably do do this simply because they are supporting the British driver who is winning, not the British driver who is at the back. I myself still support Lewis Hamilton and McLaren as well as Jenson Button and Brawn GP. I was lucky enough to go to the British GP for my first time this year and I brought myself both the McLaren and Brawn hats and t-shirts. Im my opinion I don't see the point in supporting one team for one year and not the next because they are not winning. You either support them or you don't and there's nothing to say that you cant support more than one team either.
  • I take it that you personally know or perhaps interviewed all of the offending jumping supporters to be so certain of your facts? I am not sure otherwise how you could quantify your statement.
    This must have made your visit to Silverstone rather busy, did you get chance to see any racing or were you too busy doing your interviews?
  • No me, I`ve always been a supporter of British drivers. Going way back to Stirling Moss. There have been a few "foreign" drivers I`ve supported, Emerson Fittipaldi included but in general I support our own home grown drivers.how to program car keys
  • No comments: