9.7.09

Why hasn't tour racing become big in the States?

May be...

  • yanks can only watch round ovals and its boring nascar .check out our racing in aussie see link 1000km road race
  • Check with your local track for SCCA events or the American LeMans series.
  • Because we like watching things go in circles.
  • I think they tried to get a touring series going like the one they have in Europe. It just didn't catch on. We do have plenty of touring car racing, but it's just a bit different.
    http://scca.com/newsarticle.aspx?hub=4&n…
    http://www.nasagts.com/
  • There are the British, World and German Touring Car Championships (BTCC, WTCC, and DTM) which are excellent! I am not sure however how you could get to watch them on US TV. I know that Eurosport and ITV4 show BTCC, but don't if they stream to USA.

    These guys do turn right very well! I guess it's not so big across the Pond because NASCAR is the main motorsport watched there. Here in the UK, I get to see F1, GP2, WRC and touring at the very least.

    Sorry I can't be of more help and I really hope you find a way of watching it. It's brilliant. :-)
  • Americans don't like it,
    but i would really love it if there was touring here in the states
  • And if it has where in the world do i find it?
    I live in Texas and i've only been able to find NASCAR (left turn!! LEFT TURN!!! FASTERR! HIT IT WITH A HAMMER!) and like lawnmower racing.
    I would really like to watch a real touring race.
  • America has NASCAR and the Indy 500, and i have to admit, Indy car racing is the sh!t
  • You would probably be able to watch it only on tv. Basketball, football, and baseball (in that order) are the sports of choice in the US.bizwire
  • No comments: