15.4.08

Why did you pick your favorite driver?

May be...

  • To tell you the truth. I don't really know. It has something to do with the kind of car he drives. Which would be a Dodge. And after that it just has to do with if the driver is doing good. And he was when I was looking for a driver so, I just picked him. If you wondering who 'he' is its Kasey Kahne.
  • I picked Jeff Gordon because my dad liked him, and he watched him on Thursday night thunder on ESPN when he was driving sprints.
  • i picked kyle busch because he leads alot and he is a aggresive driver and not that many people like him
  • Kenseth when he started out his consistency, determination and the fact that he does not have to crash someone else he has a racers mind and determination, love that 17!
  • I started out with Dale Earnhardt Sr because of his on track arrogance but stayed in the family after his death. Jr. is totally different but is definitely committed to winning.
  • Style and aggressiveness.

    The #20 car ROCKS!!!!!!!!
  • I had followed racing for a few years before I really latched on to a clear cut favorite. At first I liked Jeremy Mayfield and Elliott Sadler, they were some of the newer guys when I first started paying attention to NASCAR. I didn't just want to go for a guy that already had a big following. When Jimmie Johnson started I caught his first races in 2001, I liked his car and he seemed pretty decent. When he had a full schedule in 2002, I really respected what he did so early in his career. The battle for ROTY between Jimmie and Ryan Newman was awesome (I still don't know how Ryan won when Jimmie beat him in the final standings). I met my wife in 2001 also, and she got into racing because of me. She liked Jimmie as well and thought he was good looking. I'm no wagon jumper and even have a 2002 Jimmie Johnson Jacket that has the WINSTON Cup logo on it, I'm wearing it today in fact. We like Clint Bowyer, Greg Biffle and a few others but Jimmie is by far our favorite. 3 STR8 N '08!!!
  • I picked tony stewart because when i was at an autograph session it was all over and i missed it but Tony was nice enough to give me one (2003 i was 7)
  • Family, friends, and geography. My dad grew up in the Carolinas and was very proud of it. In the 80's, he started liking Dale Earnhardt Sr. Then, when he died, my dad and I, among many others most likely, chose Jr. Dale Earnhardt was friends with many drivers off of the track, but stayed competitive when racing. Now that Jr. still is voted fan favorite, that doesn't mean he is the best.
  • I picked Mark Martin back in the mid nineties when I was old enough to really pay attention to the sport. That was when he was winning a few races every season and flirting with the championship. I chose him because of his respect for the sport and the way he is a class act all the way around. He is very close to his fans and always makes time for them no matter what the situation is. Today he is just the same as he was then. When he loses races, like the Daytona 500 and last weekend, he keeps his chin up and immediately shifts his focus to the next race. I think when Mark does finally hang it up all together it will leave a void at the racetrack that no one can fill.
  • When i started watchin nascar around 1997/1998. I was too young to understand lots of things i just watched it for wrecks and stuff, but in the 1999 TranSouth Finacial 400 (Darlington). Jeff Burton came off turn 4 (wreck ahead of him) and plowed straight threw the mess and wrecked his car pretty badly, but then the rain started to pour and he won the race with a complety wrecked car. So thats when i started to like Burton. And ive stayed with him ever since, even during 2002-2005 when he had bad years.

    Go RCR! Jeff Burton 100% Completion!
  • Because I like drivers who are underdogs.
    I like Martin Truex Jr and Paul Menard and Regan Smith and Aric Almirola and Mark Martin. To sum it up DEI. They are all talented and I like them all.
  • Because I like Chevrolet and real folks so I picked Dale Earnhardt and by default his son Dale Jr. Also a Dale Jr fan because I admire his poise in the sudden terrible loss of his dad. I lost my Mom suddenly and my dad and can appreciate the kind of strength it takes to go through something like that.
  • I picked Carl Edwards because for his first win he inched by Jimmie Johnson and then for a celebration he didn't do the traditional Spin out instead he did a Backflip! Also he has a good attitude and he is always smiling and that made me like him too!
  • I think my first fav's were whoever my dad was rooting for. (naturally)

    As I got older, I started to pay a little more attention to what they did outside the car.

    I really don't have a "favorite" driver, or team, or manufacturer.

    I have preferences, but I don't go throwing a hissy fir if the driver I am rooting for in a particular race does not win.
  • I think car make is the most important thing - we all have our ford, chevy, and dodge preference. And above all, the three different fans should unite against the foreign make.
    When Rusty went to the Dodge years ago my loyalty did stick with him. However, Dale Jarrett was dead to me in a Toyota.

    But I'm a ford guy first. Next I look at a combination of sponcers and the driver himself.

    I like Kenseth because of Dewalt tools (a real man's sponcer...not playtex tampons) and I love Carhartt products. Kenseth is a scrappy fellow willing to tangle with Jeff Gordon, Stewart, Robbie Gordon, and Harvick. We need more people like Kenseth who will fight back when someone runs them off the track on purpose.
  • Well I was a Richard Petty fan and when he retired in 92 it was Jeff Gordon's first race and I had noticed him in Busch racing and liked him so I satrted pulling for him.
  • I picked Jeff Burton because of what Dale Earnhardt, Sr. said about him. "Any man that car drive a race car with pink on it has to have big balls, and gets my respect." The old Excide Batteries #99 Thunder bird was black, with a pink strip at the bottom. Earnhardt, Sr. drove a pink car may years ago. It was the K-2 car. In 1994 J. Burton drove the #8 Raybestos car, and won the rookie of the year. I've been a fan every scenes.
  • I like Tony Stewart for a couple of reasons. The Home Depot team promotes him a lot, so his car is at our Home Depot on display at least once a year. He's also in our area at least once a year for a PR stop. I have met him, he's a cool guy in person.
  • No comments: