5.4.09

Has anyone ever lapped the whole field? Who? When?

May be...

  • I think Yahoo need's to seriously consider putting an age limit on people who use this format. I'll agree with Ned Jarrett.
  • I remember David Stremme or Steven Wallace lapped the Entire field at Michigan in the ARCA race
  • The only one that I have heard of before Maggie was Ned Jarrett. Some of these old timers might know more about this than me though. That's a little before my time.
  • In 1965 at The Southern 500 in Darlington, Ned Jarrett won by 14 laps.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Jarrett
  • Ned Jarrett won the 1965 Southern 500 by 14 laps over second place Buck Baker. And apparently the last time this happened was when Geoffrey Bodine won at North Wilkesboro in 1994.
  • Jr. rocks!
  • not sure but it would have to be before restrictor plate racing
  • DANG, Maggie & Firestorm I was at the 1965 Southern 500 yep Ned Jarrett had a great day he as a a zillion miles ahead of 2nd place Buck Baker the dad of Buddy Baker. There was another record that day also I'm gonna have to dig thru my record books..I hope you weren't at the Southern 500 when I was a illegal race queen by one yr,,geez

    Go Dale jr & hms
  • I know "The King" did it in 1963. see my ref.

    Perhaps rephrase your Q to "who did it first?", "most laps?" or "How many races?"

    EDIT: Age limit, biner? I'm 47yo. Been a fan of NASCAR since STP sponsored The King ( I STILL have a clipboard with an STP sticker on the back, from when I was a KID) and another from when Valvoline sponsored Mark Martin.

    Stop hating, today, your rececnt comments have been nothing but sarcastic and hateteful. http://www.racing-reference.info/race?id...

    Tell whomever ate your Wheaties today, to go have some cornflakes.
  • This actually used to be common back in the day, BTW the amazing thing about Jarrett's 14 lap victory, was at one point he was actually 2 laps down.
  • Bill Elliott lapped the field once, back in the mid-80's.future shop xbox
  • No comments: