15.7.09

What do you think of Harvick leaving Childress for Stewart Haas?

May be...

  • Granted nothing is carved in stone but would like to hear your thoughts?

    http://autoracingsport.com/nascar/report…
  • Wow, I AM out of the loop these days. I had no clue.

    Harvick would be a perfect fit at Stewart-Haas. He and Stewart are already friends (and they have pretty much the same temperment), they both know racing from the ground up, and he's potentially got a major sponsor coming with him. Sounds good all around--except for Childress.

    But then that would leave a ride open for some other talented drivers who haven't been able to find rides--if Childress can find a sponsor.
  • It seems like a good move on Harvick's part. He'd be leabing a team that has failed to perform ALL YEAR. Not to mention that he and Tony are pretty good friends.
    And to sweeten the deal, there is the possibility of Harvick and Stewart joining forces on the Camping World and Nationwide series (similar to the deal Jr. and Hendrick have). That way, Tony has a Nationwide seat if he, Newman, or even Ms. Danica Patrick wanted to race that week.
  • Whatever the problem at RCR, it starts at the top. Harvick leaving would resurrect is career.
  • I say great!

    Harvick I think has been held back for "others".

    GO SHR!!!!
  • The article says it best and that is my opinion.

    .."Adding Harvick in a package with a strong sponsor would be a masterstroke.."
  • It would be a smart move on Harvick's part. RCR currently sucks.
  • I've never been a fan of Harvick, but RCR as a whole should be embarrassed by the way they have been performing this year. It's probably a smart move on Harvick's part.
  • i think it would be good for harvick he and childress have had words over chassis and performance of the team over the years he and tony would be like brothers getting mad at each other but friends by days end
  • harvick needs to get out of nascar cause he sucks
  • I'm not sure, I think that it may just be an off year for him, and it may not be the best idea to leave after one bad season. Stewart-Haas is obviously a great team, and he has a great relationship with Stewart, so it does seem like a good fit. So, I'm not too sure I would leave so soon, but if he's going to, he picked the right team.
  • I think that he has to do what he has to do,probably a smart move.It looks llike it is getting carved in stone now !
    http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headline…






    H E N D R I C K~M O T O R S P O R T S~R U L E S ! ! ! ! ! !
  • While RCR is having a bad year in general, Harvick is doing the worst of all their drivers. Perhaps it has something to do with all the energy he puts into his own teams, I'm not sure. However, I think it might be a good move for all involved. He would probably be a better fit with Tony Stewart than the laid-back RCR guys.
  • Agree with those on here that say it is a great move for Harvick. To be honest I am very surprised about the whole deal. I really didn't think that Stewart would add a third team until 2011. But I guess things must be going well on the business side as well as the racing side that he felt he could handle it. Harvick is a great choice for a veteran driver, but I would have thought that Stewart would have gone with a good rookie prospect like Keselowski.
    Now it will be interesting to see who fills that seat at RCR.
  • The way RCR has been the last few years, I'm surprised Harvick is still there. Last rumor I heard had Harvick taking his own team to the Cup series.x box trouble
  • No comments: