29.4.08

Busch and McMurray.?

May be...

  • It looked too spontaneous to me to be planned. I think the 18 got tapped from behind, he said so in the post-race interviews. I don't think McMurray was expecting that. It seems to have all happened very, very quickly.
  • Talladega is not the place for such poor sportsmanship. McMurray had a great shot at the Top 10, but his temper got the best of him. NASCAR may yet fine McMurray for reckless driving in that incident. It sure looked that way to me and I like McMurray as a driver more than Kyle Busch.
  • I hate to break it to you, it wasn't Kyle that saved that car, it was that big wing on the back of the car. We've seen it all year long. Maybe it wasn't the smartest thing Jamie could have done, but it sure wasn't the driver that straightened the car.
  • I think the 42 actually tapped or got the 26 aero loose when he came back down, thus making it look like the 26 was retaliating against the 18. Another reason I didn't think it was intentional, he almost took himself out doing it.

    KBfan18
  • Maybe McMurray was telling Shrub that he's not going to take his (Shrub's) reckless driving. Kind of like saying "Here's a dose of your own medicine". It's darn time somebody put the boy (Busch) in the wall....Maybe then he would drive with a little more respect for the other 42 drivers out there....yeah, probably not.
  • I think that the frustration of bad race after bad race without any wins has gotten the best of Jamie Mac. I usually defend him but I saw things the same way that you did. And yes, Kyle Busch is awesome and I enjoy watching him race. He's always coming back from the end of the lead lap to lead laps and win - and I think that's pretty impressive.

    Hopefully Jamie can chill out and return to the leader's pack again soon.
  • Yeah, I agree, that was a bone headed move by the 26. And i can tell ya the 18 agrees, as he exclaimed in a post race interview on Victory Lane on Speed. "I dont know what his (26) problem was or what he was thinking!". That being said, I dont think it was enough to warrant any discipline from NASCAR. Its just seems like the 26 is involved in far to many bone headed moves. Its to bad cuz Jamie is a likable guy off the track. Just not on it.
  • i was suprised that they didnt do anything too but it was probably because no one actually WRECKED

    i hate the stupid COT
  • Every driver out there has made a bone head move at one time or another. Fact of racing. If NASCAR handed out fines every time it happened that's all they would do and the reason for fines wouldn't have the impact it is suppose to. There was no wreck involved so there really was no damage done. Bush still went on to win the race. There are tempers that flair at every race. Heck at some track like Bristol, they are warned before the race about letting their tempers go. Retaliation has and always will be a part of racing. Sometimes even when a fine isn't handed out, if they see the need to they will call the drivers in and have a talk with them.
  • I saw what you saw. McMurray just drove down into Busch. Can't believe they didn't wreck. I do kinda wonder why Busch shot up the track the way he did, but he didn't hit anyone doing it. Maybe Roush will see what we're all seeing and do the right thing by sending McMurray packing.
  • I just think that Mc Murray got loose in the corner. Yes Busch doesn't always drive a smart race. Sometime he pushes to hard and puts himself in the wall and ends his chance at the win. Busch has a lot of growing up to do as of yet but is getting better at keeping temper in check. But I guess thing that gets me is that Busch might cause a issue but will not take responsibility for the incident.
  • You know NASCAR officials have spotters, cameras,computers and everything to get every angle of the track and drivers they see and hear things we don't and they make their judgment on their high tech equipment and what each official then assesses the situation. They know what they are doing and when they make a call it is for a good reason not just because someone got loose and their car got away from them.
  • that's what I saw, I cringed when it happened..
  • I like to know Why Nascar did nothing on Busch and McMurray , it was a good move on Kyle when he shot up the track with 18 laps to go and he dent hit Jamie Mc or any thing it was when McMurray came after Kyle and hit him and the two all most Crashed but as a good driver like Kyle he did let that happen , I don't know if any of you other fans seen it that way but that is how I seen it , and I believe Dale had seen it that way when he said well I don't know what that was all about when McMurray hit Kyle , ok let me know what your thought on that is ok ,
  • No comments: