30.4.08

How is F1 considered racing?

May be...

  • Ok, just looking at the results of this past weekend's Spanish GP the winning margin was over 3 seconds and Malyasia was even worse over 19 seconds how lame is that? Spainish GP Kimi basically drove around from pole to finish with no real lead changes, how does this even compare to Talladega, with 52(that's right 52) lead changes between 20 drivers. Seriously how can watching 22 cars run around a track in a line. No wonder overtaking's such a thrilling thing in F1 since it's such a rarity. Oh yeah, what's with less than half the cars finishing a race, you'd think that a $20 million machine would be a little tougher than than a $250,000 NASCAR car. Come on F1 fans, tell me why and be a little more creative than it turns right as well as left, and redneck jokes.
    technology and right turns DO NOT make for better racing.
  • i watch all racing, and i will say that as far as passing goes nascar and f1 are on equal & opposite ends of the spectrum, yes f1 is in bad shape as far as on track competition goes so little passing that when coultard who has 34 years in F1 (yes I'm exaggerating) cant get passed with out wrecking, i will say i would much rather see more racing for position and over taking, but i think some of the rule changes in the near future will help this,

    so whats the opposite end? talladega's 52 leas changes means the first 49 meant absolutely squat, I'm watching a 3 hour race, and the first 2 and a half hours are basically qualifying for the last half hour, so we are watching for the crashes really,

    so is one better than the other its up to your personal tastes
  • it just happened that the catalunya circuit is notorious like monaco wherein overtaking was next to impossible, you had branded a very exciting motor sport lame?... I too watch NASCAR and it just happened that the live race coverage here was always at the very early hour of the day but I can see why the gaps in NASCAR was that too minute coz of a lot of times the drivers get dizzy running in circles that they often bump other cars resulting in a carnage just like bump cars and resulting for numerous safety car or yellow flag periods and how could you have that too much of a gap if your little oval track is less than a mile?...

    and I don't lurk either into the NASCAR section just to mock the NASCAR fans out there...
    nor ask stupid questions for the benefit of sowing detestation between both camps...
    just stay in your NASCAR world coz we don't intend to be there...
  • I'm with you, the thing I really hate about it though are how the drivers and fans are so arrogant and feel their sport is the best when the cars drive themselves and they still win by 3 seconds.
  • 52 lead changes... AND!?! doesn't mean its exciting... I watched the Talladega race and was thoroughly bored at the pack of cars trundling round bumper to bumper for an hour plus... overtaking does occur in F1... its just the Catalunya circuit is rubbish (which is the consensus of most F1 fans...)... it just takes a lot more skill in F1 because the quality of the drivers is so high!!

    NASCAR cars only cost that much coz they're not as technologically advanced as F1 cars... and more than half the cars finished last time out... most of the retirements were due to collisions... something that happens every 5 minutes in NASCAR... its a very simple form of racing, which is why its so popular for Americans, not coz they're stupid... thats just the nature of how they like their entertainment... in Europe.. F1's traditional home, racing is viewed in a different way.. as a challenge of constructors as well as drivers, hence the massive technology in F1
  • Well, let's just start with the question first... how is it racing? Just to be sure, I went ahead and took out the dictionary to confirm: 1. a contest of speed, as in running, riding, driving, or sailing. I then reread and yes... I was right, there is nothing at all that requires lead changes ora certain margin of victory. You cite a pair of examples where the fastest driver won. So, you seem to clearly understand that it was a driving contest of speed, but yet you're still asking?

    So just what is it that you're really asking... you seem to think a race requires overtaking? WRC is racing... yet there is almost never any overtaking unless someone suffers a mishap. Oh, and those cars are more expensive than a spec- Miata, I guess that WRC is thus dull and uninteresting and therefore someone should probably post a question as to how it could be considered racing?

    Or what about NASCAR when compared to my just mentioned Spec Miata... I mean the cars cost 10-20 times more than a spec-Miata, the margins of victory are often greater, and the field sizes smaller... and they can't make it through a race most often without crashing! Yes, clearly, with all things considered, at the moment Spec Miata would appear to be the absolute top of motorsport! Well, at least unless we want to start comparing to soap box racers... I mean those are usually very close contests with lead changes going back and forth almost right to the finish. When you consider that, how could anyone ever want to watch anything else ever again!

    Some people wonder how a serious baseball fan can enjoy watching a pitcher's duel, while the baseball fan, greatly enjoying the matchups within the game, finds it much MUCH better than a contest with homerun after homerun. Likewise, many race fans thrill for what it takes to make a pass work under the conditions in F1... if you don't fine, not everyone likes the same things. But really, do you really lack the comprehension to understand that other people see things differently and enjoy different aspects of racing?
  • .

    ................that
    ....round............same
    .................................old
    .and........ .................boring
    .........................................
    ..round...............question

    ......going.........keeps




    ...........very reminicent of NASCAR

    F1 is THE PINNACLE of motorsport....as you septics say "Get over it or spin on it!!"

    Get back to your CIRCLE of friends or read Paul S a few more times.

    Posted in the NASCAR section

    I don't get the point of NASCAR?

    YOUR ANSWER WAS

    "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, sorry so bored with this question after the first 800 times it's been asked(not kidding either)"
    And you have the audacity to say "Come on F1 fans, tell me why and be a little MORE CREATIVE than it turns right as well as left, and redneck jokes".....and expect usto take you seriously - how lame!!

    .
  • You know nothing about Formula one nor can it be explained to you.
    If you don't understand what F1 is then you should leave it well alone.
  • AMEN Brother!! If I wanted to watch follow the leader I would go to my kids school and watch them play follow the leader at the play ground. I'm not sure how they consider it racing or a sport.
  • It's definitely racing - boring as can be - but still a race. I'm with you on this one. I can't stand F1 racing. Glad Bernie Ecclestone packed up his boys and took them back out of the United States. I will stick to my NASCAR and Air Races (when televised) for excitement. I don't even watch F1 when I'm really desperate.....

    ....Hey, Clan M, you could also be told to go back to "Singles & Dating", but that would be RUDE, so we won't go there....
  • F1 is a competitive form of motorsports, just like any other kind of racing. There's too many forms of motorsports to list. Don't get lost in the shuffle.
  • I love formula 1 and in my opinion there is not another form of motor racing that can beat it. I have watched NASCAR but we don't get much coverage in the UK. Its usually stuck on late at night when most F1 fans are in bed. I also watch DTM, which like F1, I don't like to miss. My best friends brother races Mini's so we go to watch that too.

    I realise you have written this question in retaliation and I also know that the trolls on this section will try to get my answer deleted. At the end of the day we like what we like, end of. If I lived in America I probably would be a big NASCAR fan too, but I don't, I live in the UK so its F1 for me.

    I'm not going to crack any red neck jokes, but I can't resist saying this - F1 drivers race in the rain!!!
  • Nice Wedge, all that from a freakin Star Wars nerd! Get back to your Jar Jar dolls
  • Me too!
    But atleast we don't bash them like they do Nascar! huh?
  • hey nascar fan go back and stay in the nascar section
  • 22 cars line up on the starting grid.
    I take it you know what a grid is?
    the lights go off and 22 cars accelerate off the starting grid.
    they then race each other, turning both left and right corners.
    first one past the chequered flag wins.
    Ergo a race.
  • One could ask the same question about Nascar where drivers basically bump into each other and hope for the best.
  • If it's so meaningless to you why are you wasting so much energy on it. me thinks you doth protest too much!

    EDIT: I think you just don't understand it and resent it.b
  • About a week ago I posted "How can F1 fans say their drivers are the best in the world?" Caught a lot of hate for that one. I was even told that the facts I stated about F1 cars having electronic driving assists and NASCAR not having them are not facts as they can be disputed. I chose a best answer and commented "Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Obviosly you got the point." and soon after Yahoo deleted the question saying "not a question, not an answer." It seems you cannot ask a question just to make a point. I stay away from personal attacks and have even stayed away from the NASCAR forum because of the crap spewed by these F1 knotheads, but I'm gonna let one fly. I'll bet my question was deleted because some candy a** F1 "racing" fan reported me. That's why they are called "whine and cheese eaters." Notice the spelling of whine. It's not a typo. Another F1 fan was ignorant enough to try to prove that F1 is racing and NASCAR isn't by pointing out that no NASCAR drivers go to F1. Hello? I believe that proves my point. How many F1 drivers have won a NASCAR race? None, because in NASCAR you have to know how to drive a car, not a computer. I could go on and on but I have already sunk to the level of these morons more than I'm comfortable with. Why don't I delete it if I'm not comfortable with this type of sophomoric garbage? Cuz every once in a while it just feels good to act like a jackass. If anybody would like to engage me in a debate citing only the FACTS, I'm wide open. But ,then again, if you consider just the facts there is no debate. Is there? They should rename the series F4B. Formula for boredom. Sorry for the rant but I sure do feel better now. C ya at a REAL track. With REAL drivers. Thanks to Jason F. Your answer reminded me to get my tickets for the air races here in San Diego this weekend. Them boys is craaaaaazy!!!!!!!!
  • No comments: