26.6.09

Do you think that NASCAR is moving more races to Saturday nights to make the fans happy?

May be...

  • I think that it is definitely a benefit as far as potential rain-outs. It is easier to have Sunday as a back-up day as opposed to Monday. Once football season starts up this could also help NASCAR's ratings instead of competing against Sunday football.
  • I grew up watching races Sunday afternoon so I resisted the Saturday night races. But now I've gotten used to them and since I live in Florida, I appreciate the Saturday night Daytona races a lot more. The weather is typically in the mid eighties rather than the high nineties, which is a lot more comfortable.
    I do think the decision was strictly business, and a good decision for Nascar and fans alike.
  • It's their fault. Nascar has no dome, and there is no possible way they could race in a dome.
    Don't buy a ticket to a race if you can't watch it all or most of it Monday.
    We ALWAYS book Monday off, cause not only do we go home Monday morning, (home by 1pm at the latest) but if it rains Sunday we can see the race Monday.

    You have like 8 months advance notice (if you go to the same race every year and know you're going again) to book the weekend off. With that much time there is no reason not to get it off.


    If they listen to the fans complaining races wouldn't start after 2pm Sunday Afternoon. They'll start at Noon or 12:30 like they did in the glory days.
  • Not really. I think the real reason for Nascar having more night races is the prime time TV sponsorship. Plus, fans do like watching races under the lights. I don't see many more being added to the current schedule, though. Not every track has lights and there's the scheduling conflict with Nationwide. If I remember, theres only one Cup race so far this year that was run on Monday, and that was the 600 at Lowes. Theres been a couple of rain shortened races.
    In my opinion, I prefer Sunday races, and I would like to see them start earlier in the day, say around noon or 1pm. Weather is always a concern, but when I go to a race, I ALWAYS have a rain plan B. I can't see driving 700 miles to Bristol just to turn around and go home while they are racing on Monday. I always have that extra day scheduled just in case!
  • I like them on Sundays. There's more going on in my life on a Sat. night than a Sunday afternoon.
  • Say a race gets rained out on a Sunday....a lot of fans have to go to work on Mon. and would not be able to stay and see it. I think that NASCAR is shifting more races to Sat. nights because enough fans complained about not getting to see rain-postponed races.
  • Rain Outs?

    More like they can drink more cheap beer and only have to go home the next day.

    Its much less trouble to wake up in the gutter Sunday afternoon than on Monday morning.king lift soopers ticket
  • No comments: