25.6.09

Who won the Daytona 500 and the Championship the year you were born?

May be...

  • 1971...........richard petty won the daytona 500
    richard petty won the grand national title(now sprint cup)
  • The best driver in the history of drivers Derrick Cope ;) won the daytona.


    And

    The real best driver Dale Earnhardt won the championship that year.

    (1990)
  • Geoff Bodine won the 1986 Daytona 500 after Earnhardt, who won the championship that year, burned a piston.
  • Sorry if I make you feel old. :P

    Darrell Waltrip won the Daytona 500 and Rusty Wallace won the Championship in 1989, the year I was born.
  • Mario Andretti won the 500 and Richard Petty won the championship.
  • Tim Flock won the Championship.

    Marshall Teague won his second in a row at the old Daytona Beach/Road course in his Fabulous Hudson Hornet.


    There was no Daytona 500.
  • I was going to say are you trying to make me show my age...Grrrrr!!!!

    Let's see Fred Lorenzen won the Daytona in 1965 the year I was born and he won $27,000 with 58,000 fans to watch. Ned Jarrett won the Championship that year and took home a cool $93,000.
  • I was already in the fifth grade when a 500 Champion was crowned at Daytona. When I was born Jr. Johnson was still running moonshine. Your only as old as you feel and I still feel like a kid inside.
  • Darrell waltrip won the 500 and rusty wallace won the championship the year i was born, 1989.
  • Cale Yarborough won the 1968 Daytona 500. David Pearson won the championship. It doesnt make me feel old at all, my wife keeps me young. ;)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cale_Yarbor...
  • Davey Allison Won the Daytona 500
    And Alan Kulwicki won the Championship
    1992 Crazy times lol
  • In 1962, Fireball Roberts won in Daytona and Joe Weatherly won the Grand National Championship.

    You didn't make me feel old, time did.
  • buddy baker won the 500 the year i was born.
  • Darrell Waltrip won the 500 and Rusty Wallace won the championship in 1989.

    Since two people have already given answers for 1989, I'm going to throw in a bonus answer.

    1989 Rookie of the Year: Dick Trickle
  • 1975 Daytona 500 winner = Benny Parsons
    1975 Winston Cup Champion = Richard Petty
  • Mine are both the same- 1979

    King Richard won his 6th Daytona 500 (I love that race. I have a DVD of it and watch it all the time.) and he won his 7th and final championship.
  • Daytona 500: Richard Petty
    Championship: Darrell Waltrip
  • Edward G. "Fireball" Roberts won the Daytona 500.

    Ned Jarrett won the championship.

    This was in 1961.
  • Daytona 500 winner was Geoff Bodine

    Tim Richmond won the Winston Western 500

    But it was Dale Eanhardt had the most points in standings
  • Cale Yarborough won the 500 and Bobby Allison won the championship. 1983!
  • bill elliott won the daytona 500 and Dale Earnhardt of RCR Enterprises won the championship for the third time in 1987. This was Dale Earnhardt's last season with Wrangler Jeans sponsoring his blue and yellow monte carlo aero coupe.
  • Sterling Marlin won the Daytona 500 and Dale Earnhardt won the Championship in 1994.
  • The King Richard Petty and he had 98,810 in winnings that year (1964).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytona_500



    H E N D R I C K~M O T O R S P O R T S~R U L E S ! ! ! ! !
  • 1991- Ernie Irvan won the Daytona 500 and Dale Earnhardt won his 5th championship that year.
  • Sterlin Marlin won the daytona 500

    The great Dale Earnhardt Sr. won the championship his 7th and last one too.

    this was in 1994

    Also 4 days after i was born, Ernie Irvan won at richmond on march 6, 1994
  • geez i feel old up in here, i was born in 78 and i have no idea who won then but i'll guess richard petty probably won one of those that year.
  • Marvin Panch won the Daytona 500 4 days after I was born in 1961, and Ned Jarrett won the Championship.

    You didn't make me feel old. My age makes me feel old! :-) j/k.
  • Can't release that info. :) I'll give you three years and choices.
    A) Bill Elliott 1988
    B) Dale Earnhardt 1993
    C) Darrell Waltrip 1985
    I'll tell you on your page if you give me 10 and a guess.
  • 1982

    Bobby Allison won the Daytona 500

    Darrell Waltrip won the championship
  • Ernie Irvin won the Daytona 500, while Dale Earnhardt won the championship in 1991.
  • Richard Petty won the 500 and Benny Parsons became the first "Modern Era" NASCAR champion. The year - 1973.
  • Daytona 500 - Cale Yarborough

    Championship - Terry Labonte1st air net
  • No comments: