10.6.09

Is it still not disrespectful?

May be...

  • i'm still having difficulty with this whole concept of being disrespectful to an inanimate object thing. however, as i've said before, i do think his actions were in poor taste and rather bizarre. while it may have been to show a different side of his personality, it reinforces the notion for me that while he can certainly drive and i WOULD hire him to do just that....he's pretty much a dick when he takes off the helmet.
  • Yes, it was disrespectful. Kyle really should have talked to Sam Bass about it before he went through with smashing the guitar. That's the problem I had with it. Something could have been worked out where Kyle was given a different guitar to smash. Even though that guitar was Kyle Busch's and he had the right to do whatever he wanted with it, it should have been treated more like a trophy or special gift and those kinds of things carry a special meaning to the people that give them to you too.
  • Personnaly I would like to smash a guitar over his face. He is a disgrace to the sport and I can't stand that little weasle. You know, Sam Bass said he was heart broken. I wonder what Busch would say to that......
  • I just think its typical Kyle Busch. Acting before thinking. How lame was the excuse that Kyle "wanted to give the pieces to his crew" ha this guy never stops!
  • "Disrespect" is kyles middle name.
  • Okay, I guess Sam Bass could see it as disrespectful. But that was never Kyle's intention. I am first and foremost a Kasey Kahne fan, but I also support Kyle. I respect that he is his own person and does not answer to anyone else but himself. I get that a lot of people do not like him. There is nothing he could probably ever do to make them see him as anything but a jerk. This happened days ago. Just let it go.
  • When I was a kid a blue ribbon meant a lot to me. A $30,000 guitar means even more. Prizes are meant to be cherished ... not destroyed.
  • It is disrespectful, but Kyle Busch won the trophy and he said he wanted to give a piece of it to all his pit guys. That calls for some leniency, but, he destroyed a freakin custom Gibson!
  • Kyle Busch is insult to Na$car. It was disrespectful.
  • I don't buy the excuse he wanted to give some to his crew. You don't smash a trophy, no matter what it looks like. That is disrespectful to the owner/organizer of the event, the fans, and the other drivers. It basically says you don't care about the event enough to keep the trophy.

    What an idiot!
  • Yes, in my opinion that was very disrespectful. There was no call in it. That's Kyle Bush though, he is probably one of the greatest drivers of all time, but he has the worst attitude on and off the track of anyone in recent memory.
  • Disrespectful? Under Statement of the Year!
  • Sam Bass had no idea Kyle Busch was going to smash the guitar so do you people who said it was not disrespectful still think so??

    This is from Nascar.com

    I have mixed emotions," Bass said. "There's been a lot of erroneous reporting whether I knew it was going to happen or not and how I felt about it, so I wanted to clear that up. I had no idea he was going to destroy the guitar. I can assure you that if he had come to me and asked if I thought it would be a good idea to destroy a one-of-kind piece of artwork, I would've said, 'No, I don't think that is a good idea.'"


    Here is the entire article

    http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features...
  • Well, he'd been planning it for over a year, so it's not like he didn't have time to think about it.

    I really don't care, but it looks like this same question is gonna be asked until Homestead.

    Therefore, it must be a good thing, becasue it's all anyone can talk about. More attention for Kyle.
  • Kyle Bush is a whining baby. He does anything for attention and smashing the guitar is giving him more media press. I personally think it was a childish thing to do
  • The odd thing to me is this:

    Many of the people at the track thought it was cool.

    I personally being a Kyle Busch fan thought at the time he was on the radio and said "everyone's going to get a piece of guitar"....what's he talking about? It never registered. Then he smashed it and I felt shock and nausea. More than anything else it was because he destroyed something so beautiful and then knowing these questions would be never ending. I was right about both.

    To me it boils down to his lack of maturity and self control. This coming from a big fan. I am disappointed in what he done, but he is still the most talented driver in nascar. Like I said before, he needs to shut up and drive. Time will make him a better ambassador of the sport...Lord I hope so.

    Can we now put this to rest?.......
  • It was very lame, and I can't wait until Carl Edwards punks Kyle Busch on the trackpayless rent car
  • No comments: