2.11.08

Do you like seeing open-wheel drivers coming in NASCAR?

May be...

  • I'm all for trying new things, but most of the time it never works out. Dario Franchitti is a good example. It seems like nowadays as soon as a driver thinks he is any good, he winds up in Nascar. It also appears to be the last place some drivers wind up after they've been kicked or pushed out of everything else, like Juan Montoya or Scott Speed. Nascar has become a dumping ground for washed up race drivers. Good thing is many can't cut it and don't last long. I think Travis Pastrana might be a heckuva driver. He seems to be awesome at everything he does.
  • Or do you find it annoying? I personally think it is pretty cool because it shows how popular NASCAR really is and it shows how good an open-wheel driver really is in other forms of racing. That's just my opinion, though. What do you think? Also, is there any other drivers that you would like to see come to NASCAR? If so, who?
  • I can't say it bothers me that they're coming over to NASCAR necessarily, but it's how they do it. Most of them jump straight into the Cup. That's not the way to do it. They should at least start out in Busch, or Nationwide, or whatever the hell they're calling that this week.
  • Don't really like it at all unless they are super good and I have only seen one like that in the last 3 years.

  • Doesn't bother me. I've grown quite fond of several of them. It's fscinating to watch them attempt to adapt to a different style of racing. I've watched a few F1 races, Fernando Alonso I believe would do well, he's a very good driver, he does however seem to have a personality that most NASCAR fans frown upon. As far as IRL drivers, I think Tony Kanaan or Helio Castroneves(did I spell that right?) might do well. I doubt any of them would come to NASCAR, but I suppose you never know.
  • It bothers me if they come right from open-wheel to Cup. It's not fair that they can just skip the NW series or ARCA. If they want to race in Cup, they should come over from IRL/F1 and race in the NW series then EARN their Cup ride.

    And FYI, Richard Petty agrees with me!
  • I personally hate it. I think it is kicking people out of cars that have dreamed since childhood to be in one. The drivers taking them are often here for a fling in the series.
  • I don't have a problem with them coming into NASCAR,what I have a problem with is teams hiring these drivers and letting them go just as they are really starting to do better.I think it is really crappy that A.J. Allmendinger and Patrick Carpentier don't have rides for next year as of now.A.J. has came a long way as well as Patrick.I hope that they both find good rides for next year.
  • i agree with he Col, they should have some seat time in Nationwide before straight to the Cup Series...Montoya seems to be the only one with some success this year and hopefully more next year, but my personal opinion is that Montoya leaves Gnassai for a better equipped team and then we would see some REAL results!
  • no i do not
    we have nationwide drivers that want to move up plus arca and trucks that want to move to nation wide to try to make cup also
    so with that said they should stay where they started
  • I agree with Green bean!

    Not to mention, quit wreckin my driver!


    Get the hell off the track!

    Go to ARCA!kakoose
  • No comments: