3.11.08

Jeff Gordon fans......Another top 10 finish; still want to get rid of Letarte?

May be...

  • the table's will turn next year
  • I know I have been hard on him but this year he has made a lot of bad calls. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to the #88 if we could get Brian Whitesell back .
  • Still though the car was not good enough in terms of handling, comfort and speed to consistently run in the top ten. He was good for the first 150 laps or so and then the car went away and lost a lap in the process. Still he got the free pass, worked on the car some and got a 2nd place finish on gas. These kind of strategies Letarte is good at but still needs to work on in race adjustments before Gordon can run with the 99, 48, 16 and other cars
  • I have no problem with Letarte. He is trying to adjust the best he can with the cot set up. Some caught on faster than others. They look like they finally got it together. Of course now we have to wait till next year.
    As of him going to the 88 team, I am giving Eury Jr. the off season to figure out what is up. Then I am going to start complaining. lol
  • I'd keep Letarte. He's got potential-we just haven't seen all he's capable of yet.
  • I'm not a fan of Hendrick or Gordon but if I was a fan of his, I'd be pretty upset at how well the 48 team is running relative to the 24. Is JJ really THAT much better a driver than Jeff?!
  • You betcha... still NO wins..... he needs to go.
  • I am not a Jeff Gordon fan but I think Letarte is doing a fine job......I'll take him on top of the #88 box!!
  • Jeff was awesome yesterday and I think it was a bad luck year and not a bad crew chief year.coffeepotsoftware
  • No comments: