11.11.08

Why did Kyle Petty have a black band over the 45 on his hat?

May be...

  • Kyle says it's to honor his late son Adam. Some people took it as a slam against Petty Enterprises. I guess only Kyle knows for sure.

    http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/...
  • Because he will not be running the #45 next year.

    See this article.

    RIP Adam Petty.

    http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2008/10/k...
  • I believe he said something about how the 45 was Adam's number and since he won't be driving it anymore, he put that old hat on. Kyle's other son (drawing a blank on his name, sorry) made the suggestion several years ago and Kyle thought it was a good idea. One of the things that I had never noticed until Kyle mentioned it, was that Kyle never considered the 45 to be his car...he considered it Adam's car, and that's why Kyle's name never appeared over the doors. Where most driver's names would be, it was always blank when Kyle drove the 45. A very nice tribute to his late son, Adam is still missed, R.I.P.
  • I noticed that Kyle Petty had a black band over the number on his hat while he was on Tradin' Paint and other times around the track this past weekend. Did anyone see or hear why this was? I've not seen that before.
  • I saw that too. I don't know the answer to it I can't think of why he had that on his cap.cost to replace ball joints
  • No comments: