19.6.09

Do you think the F1 and IRL people from Y/A will be watching the race at Sonoma?

May be...

  • Actually my friend in the UK says that NASCAR is fairly popular over there, especially the road courses. If Sears Point goes green at 1 pm Pacific, that's only 9 pm in the UK, and 10 in most of Europe.

    He does go out of his way to point out that *nobody* watches the plate races. It's just too hard to stay awake during those.
  • Good question. I don't know if they will or not but it would be interesting to find out if they do I really hope they enjoy it. You will have to ask this question again after the race ;)

    TGIF!!!
  • Only if they're Racing fans in general. If they only like F1 or Indy they won't watch. They could do what I do and flip over to the Nascar race during IRL commercials.
  • I'm a die hard Nascar fan but since I will be in Sonoma, but the people I'm going with they have a satelitte I'm sure we will be able to catch some of the F1 and Indy car race before the Nascar guys hit the track at Sonoma, But I do have my DVR set here at home for F1 and IRL race.

    Go Dale Jr & HMS and Helio & Lewis Hamilton
  • No, but they dont watch F1 or Indy car either, NOBODY does lol
  • I love both. F1 does it for me a little more but Nascar is still pretty cool. Most F1 fans turn their nose up at Nascar and will likely not care about Sonoma. The differences in F1 and Nascar go far beyond the shape of the tracks.

    And Jocko Flocko's answer is in a realm far beyond ignorance.
  • Nascar has been putting on races at Sonoma and Watkins Glen for several years now. I don't see that they are making many inroads (if any) with the F1 and IRL people. Each side has some pretty negative stereotypes they are facing in the other side's eyes. Saying racing is racing is like saying that if you like to listen to death metal you should also like classical. After all, it's all music. To each his own. If everyone liked the same things, it would be terribly boring.
  • F1- no. Time difference

    ICS/IRL- Probably not. They wouldn't bother with 'Napcar', even if it's a RC.
  • yes i think they will. i think some are nascar fans are indy and f1 fans 2.
  • Will it spark their interest to see how NASCAR does a roadcourse?
    I would like to hear their point of view on a comparison on NASCARs attempt to race road course style. Or, maybe we could compare it ourselves!
  • I doubt the open wheel fans would want to watch a NASCAR event even though it is at a road course. Even with the right turns involved, the spirit of stock car racing will be present. We are still going to see some fender rubbing, side-by-side racing, battles for the lead, and more than one lead change during the day. Such a spectacle would cause confusion and disorientation among the F1 fans, and they wouldn't know what to make of it.
  • F1 just went out of business, so some fans may be looking for a new racing series..
  • I doubt it. I don't know why people that like open wheel racing alone don't like stock car racing. It's insane. I grew up at the dirt tracks and loving NASCAR since I was little, and when I saw my first IRL race on TV, I loved it. Then I got to goto one live @ Texas, and I thought they put on a better show than the NASCAR races I've see there. I don't watch the F1 as much, but I do follow the series and see what happens week in, and week out.
  • F1, I doubt it. By the time the race starts in Cali, most of the European races fans are out for the evening, or asleep. I think there is a 12 hour difference in time.

    The Indy fans MAY watch, but I'm not hedging any bets on it.
  • Yes we watch them it is racing is it not.fishing loure
  • No comments: