15.6.09

NASCAR Nation: What was your 1st Job ever?

May be...

  • My first job was as a dishwasher for a small restaurant in town. I had to do a lot of other little jobs around the place too and I got paid minimum wage (which I think was $5.15 when I started working).
  • Jewelry counter at Rose's Department Store.

    I think I made 4.00/hr. I'm not sure. It's been a long time <LOL.>
  • I was a waitress in a steak house after school. My pay depended upon how generous my customers were feeling that day.
    Good luck at NAPA! I know you'll do a great job. Soon you'll know everything about every auto part, just like Michael and Ron in the commercials. : )
  • Well, does babysitting count??? If not I have never had a job.


    I got paid anywhere from $5-10 an hour. I love babysitting! I miss it.
  • MY first job was in 1996 at the age of 14. I worked at Steak N Shake for $4.25 an hour.
  • After a delivery boy for a grocer (on foot), I guess my first tax paying job was for a department store that no longer exists, for 85 cents an hour.. We were so happy when the minimum wage went up to a whole dollar an hour..
  • If mowing the lawn of my neighbor counts, then I've had a job for 3 years. If not, then just today I started working at a hospital in our area, volunteering, for community service and college applications. Have fun, and GO REUTIMANN MAKE THE CHASE!!!!!!!!!
  • my first job was painting and decaling lexan bodies for r/c cars to look like the nascar drivers cars for a hobby shop. it was fun,good luck at napa auto parts.
    i got paid $20.00-$25.00 from the owner of the hobby shop,then when someone bought the body i would get paid half of what the price was,they usually sold for $45.00-$50.00 each,so i would make about $50.00 all together for each body i painted.
  • Cleaning up Whiskey River on Sunday nights after junebug gets smashed. He paid me $2 for the whole nite.
  • im still 16, im on my 2nd job now. first I worked at ACE Hardware, i can honestly say from experience what a sh*t hole from an employee standpoint. but now i work at safeway, its not great but its ok for now.

    ace- 6.55/hr (now you understand why i hate'd it)
    safeway- 7.30 started out, now 7.50 and i've been there for 2 months.
  • Hello Mikey
    Congrats on your new job, I'm proud of ya.
    My very first job(real job) was working at a used car lot at age 16.
    and I made some serious money I think 1.00 per hour
    things have changed big time hunnh.
  • My first real job was with Allied Auto Parts. I delivered parts to garages and was paid $2.15 an hour which was better than minimum wage. It was an okay job, most of the mechanics I met were shocked that a girl would get that job but they were nice and respectful towards me. Congrats on your Napa job, I hope you like it.
  • i worked on a cattle ranch first..........making $6/h.........

    alot of money for a high school kid back in 1987

    i had to feed,brand,medicate,tag,artificial inseminate,and palpate cattle.........just to name a few...........mow,weedeat,catch critters.........
  • Construction in 1960 if i remember it was .65 a hr. I was the clean up boy LOL
  • When I was 16 or 17 my Mom helped me get a summer job working in the kitchen of the hospital where she worked. We set up all the patients' trays for their meals, and then afterwards gathered them all up and put them through a huge conveyer belt type dishwasher.

    I have no idea how much I made. Minimum wage, whatever that was back the the 70's.

    Good luck with your job! I hope you like it.

    Scott Johnson: SORRY! I was aiming for the thumbs up and missed! Brain/mouse finger coordination is off today! I hate it when I do that! :-(
  • Congrats Mikey,my first one was at Popeyes Fried Chicken making 2.65 an hour and it was the worst job I ever had.




    H E N D R I C K~M O T O R S P O R T S~R U L E S ! ! ! ! !
  • Awesome job dude, do your best.

    My first job was at a local grocery store doing produce.
  • My first job was working at a HEB, which is a grocery store.
    :)
    My times varied week to week.
    And I started off with $8.50, later on it jumped up to about $10 an hour.

    Congratulations!
    And I am sure you'll have a lot of fun working there.
    :D
  • I worked for a feed store during the summer and on Saturdays. I was paid somewhere around $4.75 a hour. Congrats on the new job!
  • Uh... I just started it today =D

    Office assistant for the school. Work 8am - 4:30pm for $7.25 an hour (not counting the 30 minute lunch).
  • Of course, I did some babysitting, but my first real job was working in the dining room at the Boone Tavern Hotel in Berea, KY. It was a student job, so I made next to nothing. I hate working with food! But I have a much better job these days working at a home improvement store (not represented by any drivers).
  • working on a farm picking produce $3.75 to start.
  • First "job" was delivering newspapers.

    Got paid like 2 cents each daily paper and 10 cents for Sundays, plus tips.

    First "real" job, grocery dept at the local "Shop-Rite".

    Starting wages were $1.70/hr. (1977)

    Can you get me a hydralic timing belt tensioner?????
  • I'm starting tomorrow June 16th at NAPA Auto Parts.
    Work from 8am - 2pm

    How much did you get paid?

    Working under the colors of Michael Waltrip Racing!

    Take Care
  • I worked in a barrel factory over the summer during college. Made decent money for the time. That was over 30 years ago. I still use some of the barrels as garbage cans.
  • I worked as a dishwasher at a steak house, fun job the opening night the drain pipe for the machine burst and flooded the place. I'm not sure now(it was over 20 yrs ago), but I think I was making about $4/hr. Later nailed the place for violating child labor laws(I wasn't supposed to be working until 1:30 am).
  • Technically my first job was mowing lawns in the neighborhood. My first realy job in high school was at a drug store/convenience store called Pharmhouse. They are no longer in business these days though. Got paid $5.15 or whatever minimum wage was back then. They let me write my own schedule though which was nice.
  • I sold race programs at "The Rock", and I also did that at Darlington also. That was soooooooooo long ago I can't remember what I made. Congrats on your new job, I know you will do Napa Proud.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • I worked in the strawberry fields picking berries for 20 cents a quart...all day long everyday as long as their were berries. Didn't see a cent of that money. Also...babysat, and at 16 got my first paying job washing dishes for a local restaurant for $35 for Saturday and Sunday. Had to hand over that money too.
    My first job that I received a paycheck for and actually got to keep the money...was for a babyfood company and I was making $5.67 an hour. I was just on my own then. I was pretty happy and pretty proud of that paycheck.
  • Good Luck and enjoy your first paycheck-
    I cleaned motel rooms for 3.65 dollars an hour in the late 70's. i grew up in a summer beach community so that is where most of us started our job experiences.
  • Way cool to be working at a gear-head heaven! A thousand years ago, back when minimum wage was $1.25 an hour, my first part-time job was as a retail clerk at F.W. Woolworth's.
  • I tried to be a Gynecologist but that did not pan out.a hartd
  • No comments: