20.8.09

Who here thinks that Nascar made a big mistake by going to the COT ?

May be...

  • I personally think it was a stupid move .We don't never see alot of wrecks like we use to .Lets use Bristol for an example,I remember when they were like 15-20 wrecks at that track .And now its not even 15 if I'm not mistaking.Plus every race is the same ..Follow the leader ! Its ******* boring to me .They never race like they use to back in the old days when they would wreck each other and get out of there cars and start fighting ,oh yeahhhhhh those were the days ....The COT cars suck big time.
  • saving drivers form serious injuries & death with the saftey of the cot dos not seem like a big mistake..
  • Well its the fact that only certain teams have figured out the setup. So the same guys win over and over.
  • I Do.
  • It was inevitable. The cars had to be made safer and stronger to keep up with technology.

    As far as wrecking each other. back in the "old days" the cars didn't cost 1/2 a million $$$$. As an owner, if you kept wrecking my cars, I'd bounce yer **** right out of a ride.

    Remember that the helmets they use to race with in the beginning were just layers of leather. Should they go back to them to keep on being "old school"????
  • yeah i think it has totally killed the racing. but it has gotten better and plus the nationwide series will have the mustang and challenger
  • yes, it was a mistake
  • Racing isn't about getting into wrecks.
    You can't win a race if you wreck your car.
    The COT is all about safety, and I think they did a pretty good job.
  • I don't think it was that bad.

    Just to get something straight, the reason why Bristol isn't as good now is because they repaved the track and put down progressive banking which allowed cars to pass easier on the outside which meant no more fighting for the bottom lane in the turns.

    The COT has been good and bad. Good because it is working to protect the drivers and make them safe when they do have those vicious wrecks. You never hear about drivers getting injured anymore in those Cup cars. Bad because the racing isn't as exciting on some tracks like the cookie-cutter tracks and Michigan and California. I don't think it was that big of a dropoff though. It's still exciting enough for me. Don't you agree that we've still had a lot of exciting races this year?
  • Look...why not just get into a cage, and just LET someone with a 2 X 4 smack you upside the head...

    Is that EXCITING enough for you, since the only aspect of racing you NEED is crashes and explosions?
  • I agree especially when Earnhardt Sr was racing you could always count on a few cars getting spun out. Too boring and vanilla today!
  • I'd like to see some changes to the new Cup car, but overall, I think Nascar almost HAD to do something like this. Now the teams and manufacturers all have pretty much the same sheet metal. It's what you do underneath that counts. The downside is that the cars are so equal, once they get spread out at a place like Atlanta, there's not much actual racing going on. If you like to see lots of wrecks, go see a street stock race on double points night.
  • I thought I was going to agree when I saw the question, but you lose me on the details. Maybe Dad and I are exceptions, but we don't like the wrecks. Following the leader is tedious. However, it's better than having all the wrecks with completely ruined cars and injured people. That is the main thing that I like about the COT- that it can be hit and continue to race competitively while keeping the driver safe. I think that they have made the cars too even. It's hard to pass people when you have the same setup, the same horsepower, the same body on your cars. That is my problem with it, that it has made racing less competitive by making everyone too similar...3765 compaq ipaq
  • No comments: