30.11.08

What did you think looses and tight meant before you learned the real meaning?

May be...

  • Loose: Totally dialed in. "He's (on the) LOOSE off turn 4!"

    Tight: Let's add some wedge? lol Those video games never really helped.

    Once,I thought the wedge was the rear spoiler, you know, the way it was shaped. I thought the spoiler was something that came out the exhaust.

    Ah yes, to hear Benny Parson on the Nintendo say,
    "That's the wrong wayyy!!"
    or...
    "Man, oh man, oh man!!!"
    or...
    Bob Jenkins say,
    (in a robot voice) "ThAt's his fAStest lap yet!"
  • I played a lot of Nascar on PS2 before I ever cared to watch one of the races on tv. So I was familiar with the concept going in. Plus the announcers have to describe what it means every single time they mention it.
  • <--------- (Dufus)At first when I started watching Nascar and becoming a fan I thought they were talking about their seat belts. The internet wasn't popular when I first started watching so there was nothing really to research stuff like there is now.
  • Thinking back, I would have to agree with you. And even the reporters still made it difficult to understand. Or maybe I'm that slow! LOL!
  • *ahem* no NASCAR fans in NY????
    You can be the light in that sorry and sad world that they live in. lol

    yeah I too thought it meant the wheels...like they wobbled when "loose" because lugnuts weren't on tight enough or something. Long ago...before learning the real term...when someone said they were "loose' I thought..."he better get in the pits before he loses that wheel and wrecks'. LOL

    hey ya learn as ya go right???
  • all the terminology confused me, but with great guys like Kenny W. we all learn real fast.
  • loose was my wrangler jeans. tight was my boxer briefs.
  • I though it meant a wheel was loose or on too tight. I had to learn everything myself. There's no Nascar fans here in NY. Lol

    What terminology confused you the most when becoming a fan?
  • Must be you city folks that don't understand "loose and tight". I've always known what the term loose and tight meant.
  • i dont remember not knowing what it meant
    i could have said something about a certain something but even as a kid i knew that term
  • I thought loose and tight referred to my prom date!
  • I know that before I knew Nascar.
  • sticker tires and scuff tires. I still don't know what they mean.
  • I honestly didn't think anything of it.
  • I had an advantage .....I worked at a Chevy dealership and worked with the mechanics getting their parts for about 20yrs. I learned a lot of terms about a lot of things pertaining to cars. Also growing up around racing helped a lot too. When I first started, I have to admit that I thought loose & tight meant the power steering. Lol
  • I thought that loose and tight were different degrees of being drunk. : )how do i sync my palm with lotus notes
  • No comments: