22.11.08

Would you be happy or upset if...?

May be...

  • It doesn't bother me a bit.If you've still got it,go for it.Look at how well Brett Favre has been doing with the Jets this year.They have a legitimate shot at the playoffs and the Super Bowl.Mark Martin has done well in his part-time endeavors and I am sure that he will do great next year.I feel that if you have the passion and the opportunity to still participate in your sport of choice,then you should go for it.
  • I wouldn't be upset. I'm glad Mark Martin is back full time. I think he still has something left to offer the sport and its fans. I feel the same way about Brett Favre. Remember when Kenny Wallace started that rumor that Rusty was going to come out of retirement? A lot of people were really excited. So I think it depends on if the individual in question still can contribute to his or her team.
  • Happy. They are human and maybe they think they are ready and when the time comes and they realize maybe they aren't ready to release those emotions of what they had or maybe they feel like there is still more that they can contribute.Pure and Simple yes i would be Happy because it makes them happy.
  • To those people who get upset about someone coming out of retirement I say "So you've never changed your mind?" They need to try and put themselves in other peoples' shoes. They should try retiring from something they love. I have and it sucks.
  • ...if a driver were to retire and then come back? Or any sports figure for that matter? This was exactly what happened in the NFL when Brett Favre retired, only to come back and play for the Jets. In NASCAR, Mark Martin was supposed to retire in 2005, only to stay in '06, then run part-time in '07 and '08, and now he is returning to full-time racing in 2009. It doesn't bother me, but it seems like many people have been upset about someone saying they would retire and then break their commitment to come back. So, what do you think? If someone were to retire and then come back, would you be happy to see the person come back or upset that they would say they would retire and then return to the sport?
  • I'd rejoice, especially if he was still in his prime.
  • I don't like it, their making their decisions too fast, they give us time to move on and decide to stay and mess everyone's plans up. The plans of the fas looking for a new driver and the new driver looking to take over for him.
  • It depends on if they're past their prime or not.
    It's better to go out on top or semi-on top than to hang onto a dream that has expired.
    If they've still got it, they may as well use it.
    But they really should make 110% sure that they want to retire, before announcing it.
  • HAPPY! We traded Ray Bourque BEFORE retirement to give him a chance at the Stanley and all of Boston cried when Colorado didn't win the cup that year and then we all rejoiced when they won the next.

    If our heroes actually could make their dreams come true, we'd all be happy.
  • One of the great things about the country that we live in is the fact that people have a free choice of how they want to make a living. I feel if you are still capable of being competitive in your chosen sport then you should be able to compete for as long as you wish. On the other hand, if I were an owner, like Jack Roushe, and my driver retired only to come back to compete against me, I may feel differently. The bottom line is, however, Mark Martin is free to do as he chooses. So, no I do not have a problem with it.
  • I don't really like it, I happen to be a Green Bay fan and that whole situation just divided fans of the team and Brett, I don't hate Brett at all, but the way it worked out just sucked.
  • For me it depends on who we are talking about.

    Mark Martin bring it on! He never walked away completely.

    Brett Favre I feel he betrayed Green Bay and all his adoring fans. Lambeau Field lost the best quarterback ever known. How do the fans cope with him going to the Jets? That is a hard pill to swallow. He should have stayed retired and if he had any doubts should have stayed with the Packers.
  • Mark Martin annoys me. I thought he would retire after 05. Then a full year with AAA sponsor, then a part time job in 07 and last year. Now a full time job at Hendricks? Make up your mind Mark, you still have talent.
  • I dont like it when guys do that. He is just going to end up tarnishing his legacy like a bunch of drivers have done.(Bill Elliott, Terry Labonte, Kyle Petty, DW, Ricky Rudd)removing ballpoint ink stains
  • No comments: