25.4.09

Does the contrast of liking only one NASCAR driver help?

May be...

  • You dont have to have a fav driver to watch Nascar. I do and of course would love to see him win all the time, and Jeff has done that before, but I do like the competition. The competition now is alot more intense than it was when I first started watching Nascar in the mids 90's. Makes the races way more exciting and much more sweeter when your driver does win.
  • You don't have to have a favorite driver to enjoy NASCAR.
  • tard Report Abuse
  • ....Enjoy the race.From the green flag to the checkers there is a race somewhere be it on the track or in the pits.Go on and watch the race and pull for what ever part you want to.
    If you don't have a favorite driver cheer for a car manufacturer.
  • Does watching NASCAR mean us against them? Do you have to have a favorite driver in order to enjoy the races? Are you drawn to racing because of the competition?

    I enjoy NASCAR as an art that moves. My favorite NASCAR commercial is the one for Bristol where some guy through a bunch of die cast into a glass front dryer and turns it on and acts like he's watching the race. If I were to become a fan of just one team it would end up being for a pit crew. I like all the drivers the same.

    Their skill is that of legend and their poise is that of a master. The real team work is done on pit row. For me at times a race is competition against the Killer Bees and Kyle Bs pit crew. Jeff Gordon's crew is even starting to come around. To pull for only Mark Martin is to want him to finely push someone else out of the way. Something that's not going to happen but twice a season. To only root for Jimmy Johnson is to only expect him to win every race. To only like one driver is to keep me from liking Kyles shadow style driving. Okay, for me, they are all winners because they own the Big Show.

    So I am a fan and it's NASCAR against F1 racing. Don't even get me started talking to a F1 fan. I have been blocked and deleted a time or to after talking to those fans. I would rather watch skateboarders race down hill than watch an F1 race.
  • You do not have to pull for any one driver. That is entirely your choice. You enjoy racing in your own way. I have my fav drivers, but I love the competition, the sounds, smells, speeds, adrenaline, and the overall feeling of racing...basically the entire package!

    Go Jr.>>>>
  • Come back down to Earth my son.
    It is the epitome of man against machine.
    I know because I've built race cars (and race motorcycles, snowmobiles)
    and I have raced them.
    If you float off into philosophy, you drift from racings essence.
    I pick no favorites and get the "big picture"
    Life is not enjoyed living with blinders on.single gear bikes
  • No comments: