20.4.09

To fans of the 'not so popular' drivers... is it hard defending them sometimes?

May be...

  • I agree w/ you 100%. They always fail to show a good run down of all the drivers. Hell, I don't even remember seeing a through the field of atleast the top 20 like they use to. They need to start covering more and more of the drivers, not just the top 15.
  • I agree with you, Ragan, Sorenson, Sadler, Vickers, I'm surprised they have been mentioning Reutimann more now.. It does seem like the HMS/RCR/JGR get all the attention, the rest unless they do something major, they get forgotten, on TV. But if you have access to a MRN station or Sirius Sattelite radio with the Nascar channel that carries all the MRN/PRN broadcasts they talk about all the drivers.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • I sometimes get annoyed when Mark finishes in the top 5 or op 10, but the cameras look for Dale Earnhardt, Jr. or one or the other popular drivers who finished 25th, and they don't talk to Mark on his good run. It does seem that they only interview Mark when he wins or after an early exit.

    When it comes to defending him, I don't have to. His career numbers do that for him, even if he has never won the 500 or a Cup. He's got better numbers than 3 or 4 drivers who have at least one of those milestones.
  • Robby Gordon fan here, only because of Robby's independent nature; and refusal to Ever give up.. No problem defending him ever because I do not go by delusions of grandeur and I understand that he is trying to make it in a $ world as a team owner/driver.
  • I'm a fan of the 17. People are going to ignore those who aren't successful. period. If the 17 or in your case the 6 gets into contention, he will get attention. It's that simple. So if I get agitated, its at my driver or his team, not at the lack of attention from fans and media.
  • yeah it offended me this week when all they could do is talk bout june bugg wreckin mears in post race when reed had his second top 12 of the season.

    GO REED SORENSON 43!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • As a David Ragan fan, I sometimes get a little agitated when people ignore him. Not to take anything away from fans of the more 'popular' drivers, but I just wish they'd talk to more of the competiton.

    Any fans of drivers other than 24, 48, 18, 88, 14 feel this way?
  • i agree i mean im a huge tony fan but im also a huge bobby labonte fan they dont even mention bobby the only time they mention him is for the ask.com question thing it makes me so mad they dont even get his number right half of the time and the beginning when everyone switch teams they listed everyone but bobby als o durin the race u look at the top of the screen and bobby is haveing a good run and then all of the sudden he is like a bunch of laps down and u have no clue what happens and then they just through something really fast bobby like is in the garage

    trust me i know exactly how u feel
  • It can be hard. I have been watching races when Casey has finished in the top 5 and they will interview everyone else that finished in the top 5 other than him.

    I also find it frustrating when people keep writing him off. All I see right now is about how he is not performing up to standards at RCR. Well open up your eyes people, everyone at RCR are underperforming lately.

    I know he is a good racer and if owners would actually give him the chance to connect with his team and not mess around with him then he would actually get the chance to show that.
  • I'm not arguing that this is the case, but other drivers do get talked about. It's just difficult to talk about all 43 drivers during the race. Sometimes when Gordon has had an off day, they won't mention him much. Same thing with other top drivers. They tend to focus on who is running up front (makes sense) and who is wrecking or about to wreck (again, makes sense). It's just that you can usually find the drivers you mentioned in the top 10 during the race.

    And they do interview the low-key drivers. They had Reuti on the other day at Trackside (I think it was Trackside) and they've talked about Ambrose too. It could be better, but they have a limited amount of time.
  • I know this isn't a question for me (I'm a #24 fan), but I see what you mean. I'm also a fan of Casey Mears and Brian Vickers; they never seem to get any attention at all. I think it would be great if they focused more on other drivers. All of them deserve some attention and credit; not just a few.
  • It does get old hearing the announcers, TV shows & internet Nascar sites talk 24/7 about the same old same old drivers. There are other drivers and other stories out there to be told. It does agitate me sometimes but it is what it is.
  • Well, they talk about those who are front runners and in the top ten race after race. The field is about 43 cars and not just those 5. But in marketing it is all about those five.
  • People either love Sadler or hate him, it gets tough but he needs to help me plead my case.
  • I'm an Allmendinger and Waltrip fan. Everyone seems to like AJ, but I get killed about Michael...it seems that nobody respects the guy. He's a successful car owner, an accomplished driver considering the crap he's driven in his career, and he's charming and witty to boot. I just don't understand the hate...

    ...and he's not gay. Have you seen Buffy? Gah-lee...not to mention I met a dude from Owensboro who sounds JUST like him, so it can't be the accent, either. Aye...

    Go 44 and 55! I'm also very partial to Casey Mears and David Reutimann.
  • im a fan of Jeff gordon, i know you said other than but i went to the pepsi 400 and when he drove around all you could hear was booing and i was the only one cheering for him, yes its hard sometimes.34c to f
  • No comments: