22.4.09

Earnhardt, Mears Get Probation For Bumper Car Driving?

May be...

  • its only probation, i think they will survive
  • At least it's consistent with the Kyle and Carl incident at Bristol.
  • Rick Hendrick is slowing him down on the radio and officials are penalizing him for his emotions. Is Dale Jr. a ticking time bomb? Is he going to be over compressed to the point of showing it all or nothing? Probation is the right call. Not only do I like to learn something about these drivers but they need to learn a thing or two about themselves. I really believe that Smoke and Kyle B. have both learned to hold their horses just a bit before plowing in on other drivers. Even Carl Edwards has seen the demise of his own poor choices. I for one enjoy both the skills and the drama that plays out on the track. I'll take one smack down over two "THE BIG ONE' at Dega" any day. And if you don't know what THE BIG ONE is at Dega you have never seen a race at Talladega. To me it's just red flag action. Big wupee.
  • At least it seems like they are not re-writing the rules after each race.

    Consistency is all I ask for.
  • i think jr should have got out and kicked his ***
  • Good, now all the #88 HATERS can shut up about it.

    Steffy, I know......I am sure you feel the same.

    rita_stiles......So Mears wrecks Jr at "full speed" and Jr wrecks Casey at "cool down" speed and Jr deserves it and not the #07.............You need to go back to the gardening department!! Your idiocy is overwhelming!!
  • I honestly think no penalties 'probation' should have come.. Heck I would have paid to see Jr play more bumper cars with Mears. I would have loved to see him have Robby Gordon as a partner for that (who was wrecked by the 55) and M. waltrip and Mears could partner up for some tag team bumper cars, which Gordon and Jr would have won.
  • They should earn extra money. It's pretty much the only excitement there's been the whole season!
  • yes the times has changes where things like that was settled behind the garage with out cameras around... and then the next day they was buying rounds... i miss the good ol days.. where every know and then a driver showed up with a black eye or fat lip and then it was settled
  • Probation does nothing! And Nascar said they want drivers to show more emtion, well that was showing emtion, Right? I thought it was funny and entertaining. Nascar needs to decide what they want the drivers to do, show emtion or not.
  • That's all I wanted to see considering the Busch/Edwards incident last year...
  • It kind of looks like they changed their minds after too many people complained that Edwards/Busch got penalized last year at Bristol for doing much the same thing. I didn't think there was going to be a penalty for Mears and Junior.
  • yes, for the next six races,, even though I think Dale Jr. deserves it and Casey Mears doesn't.
  • Well, I am glad NASCAR rethought their original position and became consistent! Maybe, they heard us b****ing! That is all I ask in any race is that everyone be treated equally; that the rules apply to everyone.

    (I like the above Earnhardt Sr. quote "if bumpers weren't made for bumpin, they wouldn't have called them that." That is great! Storm, you're thought is great! lol)

    GO STEWART HAAS RACING!
  • http://www.4ever3blog.com/2009/4/22/8483...

    What do you think???
  • At least for once Nascar is consistent. This is the typical "penalty" for this type of behavior. It seems fitting. Probation means nothing.at italia rim
  • No comments: