19.4.09

Why is David Ragan doing so poorly this year?

May be...

  • When I picked him up in our NASCAR fantasy league way down in the draft order I thought I made a steal. Now he's killing me. I'm thinking, was his great year in '08 a fluke and does everyone else know this but me?
  • That season was not a fluke (I hope). David's just run into some bad luck (I read the PIR recap and he said that the team could never find the right set up).

    And it's RAGAN, so sick of the misspelling.

    Go UPS #6!!!
  • All the Roush cars seem to be a bit off compared to last year. Ragan just seems off more than the others. I think the testing ban is really hurting this team. Kenseth and Harvick seem to be struggling too. He's gota pick it up though because either he or McMurry will lose their ride and the end of the season.
  • Guess that's racin'. He's having an off year. Could be that he'll get better.
  • Its not really David's fault. Hes had some bad luck with engines blowing up and stuff, its looking like he will rebound a bit though.
  • I dropped Ragan and picked up David Stremme. I would keep a sharp eye on Sam Hornish, Jr. Ragan just seems too pressured. I mean, he now has to please a HUGE sponsor in UPS, and not to mention fill the shoes of Dale Jarrett (even though Ruti did half a season last year). Maybe it is a pressure thing??? I mean, the guy is now on national TV commercials and print media everywhere. That could be a factor.
  • Hard sayin'..I thought he'd have a good year, too.
    Hopefully it wasn't a fluke season.
    He's too passive at times, I've noticed..he needs to fight for position rather than just move over and allow people to pass him left and right.

    Fight for it boy!!!
  • if anyone could answer that question they would make millions in vegas
  • He just got lucky last year. I personally have always thought he is not a good driver. I put him in the same category as Kyle Petty and Michael Waltrip. They don't need to be in a cup car. I don't see how they even get sponsorship every year.
  • It's not just Ragan, it's a lot of teams. RCR is struggling, even though they have two cars in the top 12 right now, Roush is a little off, EGR isn't up to snuff, It's really only one or two cars from each organization other than Hendrick who are having consistent solid runs. Even the almighty JGR of 2008 has had a lackluster season so far, even with Kyle's 2 wins. The testing ban has hurt all these teams. The only team to not suffer too badly from it is Rick Hendrick, mostly because they are already at the top, nobody can improve to overcome them.windows media player smartphone sync
  • No comments: