8.8.09

Did Watkins Glen Nationwide Race have an ending or what?

May be...

  • Kyle Busch had a faster car but Marcus Ambrose out-drove Kyle.
  • hopefully Sunday's race will be just as great
  • I was ecstatic for the always smiling Marcos Ambrose, he deserved it!!
    Congrats to Marcos and the entire #47 STP team. I look for him to make it the weekend sweep tomorrow!

    However, I was appalled by the actions of Robby Gordon today. To purposely wreck Joey UNDER CAUTION when Joey had done nothing to him at all is very low. I was laughing my head off when Joey mentioned "It's stupid. You can't fix stupid, stupid is forever,..." That was HILARIOUS! Three times, Robby put Joey in a bad spot and almost wrecked him twice before. What made Robby mad at Joey? No one knows. Joey could've gotten killed or injured, that was a HARD hit.
    Robby Gordon's actions were completely uncalled for and unnecessary. How he didn't get penalized, I'll never know. AND NASCAR gave him the Lucky Dog?!!?!?!?! Holy crap, how did that happen?!?!?!?!?!?
    I like Robby Gordon, but I'm sick of him showing his butt to everyone that breathes around him. If Robby keeps it up, someone will get hurt, or worse.

    Robby Gordon does not need to vent his frustrations on the track. I'm sick of him doing so.
  • Way to go Rowdy another 2nd place.... Congrats to Marcos, I'm not a Toyota Fan but you have to just love this guy...I was also happy Brad came out with a 9th place, he needs road course practice big time.. But yes it was a great race, but then I love road courses..

    Go Dale Jr
  • So what's the verdict? That was a good race today. What do you all think? Watkins Glen is a wicked road course.

    Congratulations to Marcus Ambrose for winning the race! Way to go!!!


    Stewart Haas Racing!
  • So far I would say its probably been the best race so far this year. I can't wait for Sunday. I would like to see them use the rain tires next year like they did in Montreal. Also it might be cool to race the full course including the "boot".
  • What did I miss? I watched most of the race and didn't think it was that good of a race.

    The only reason so many different guys were up front was they had terrible fuel mileage. Gaugan and Wallace with 30 to go or so. Both needed to pit and the guys in 3/4 were good to the end. Those guys were really just in the way. Edwards needed Busch and Ambrose to wreck each other which almost happened when Ambrose went into the grass at the bus stop? Give Busch some credit for not holding his line and wrecking one or both of them.

    I don't think I am going out on a limb to say Logano must have done something to R.Gordon. Gordon had tried to take him out about 3 times (very obvious to anyone watching) before he finally pulled it off! I'm not sure why Nascar didn't park him for that, anyone with a clue knew what happened!
  • Hell yeah!!!! Ambrose, you are the man!div html
  • No comments: