7.8.09

Nascar Nation , ..How many TROLLS doe's it take to make this a bad place to come into?

May be...

  • Just takes one. I haven't been on here posting much lately because I was getting my answers reported left and right and was afraid they were going to get me banned. I've appealed every one of them and I only won one, which is crazy because I never break Y!A's rules, except sometimes my answers seem like "chatting". *rolls eyes*

    Hopefully whoever was after me finally got bored.
  • I think it can only take one! The trolls should really stay where they belong, under the bridge!


    Stewart Haas Racing!
  • The trolls haven't ruined it for me yet. It's actually kind of fun to mess around with some of the trolls. I really want to keep coming here though because this is the first place I've found where I've been able to have fun talking about NASCAR with other people. I don't think there is any place better.
  • I don't think trolls make any place "bad". It's what we make of it. There are lots of different types of trolls and they need to be handled differently.

    For example in F1 right now there is someone "Larsdick" who wishes the drivers would die. All these comments have pretty much been removed, as they have been reported. Nobody, in their right mind, finds these sort of comments acceptable.

    Then he repeatedly asks questions about which drivers fancy each other! Well, it's not abusive, it's just stupid. But that's just my opinion. So I choose to either ignore him, or laugh at him.

    Also, right now #88 To Glory has asked why the gay community is attracted to F1 and not to NASCAR. So, either we feel insulted, or we have a tongue-in-cheek banter back.

    We all feel very passionate and protective about our sport, or our particular YA section. That's a given. But sometimes, we all need to lighten up a bit!

    Either:
    Report abuse
    Ignore the Q or A
    Give 'em a better answer back.

    ps. tom p - I didn't give you a TD!
  • It not the quantity of trolls, it's the quality.
    Some trolls are actually half way intelligent and can offer a different objective. When the trolls are below a certain level, they just become a different kind of entertainment. It seems like a lot of the non-trolls are just a little too uptight also. So! It doesn't really matter. This is a public forum, and it is up to the person who is more connected to reality, to distinguish the idiots from the real NASCAR fans. Everyone else is just a target for humor, and I like to raise it up a notch to an adult level and really slam the scumbags. So I guess my answer is no amount of trolls could show me anything I already haven't seen from the people who wander amongst us in public. The trolls can't stop anybody from the excitement NASCAR brings to the true fans. They just recede deeper into their frustrations by thinking they accomplish something. Sometimes I even give them a thumbs up so they retain that level of dysfunction that drives them nuts, when they have to deal with life in the three dimensional world. Trolls ain't squat.
  • I prefer the trolls to Jr. Nation
  • Well, let's count..
    ICE, Mexican Chica, All those guys who sell Nike ads, All those guys who ask the questions about Nascar online, and sorry Sap.
    And yet HP, you, myself, Tom p, AJ W, kahnegirl, Maggie, Zachary S, King L, Blue Deuce, superdave, David G, and other sensible, fun users are on. When the number of trolls overlaps the number of sensible, fun people, I'm gone.
    No fun saying?????? Im heart broken!!
    tom p ... I gotcha. TU. :)
  • Just one or two isn't bad, but they seem to all have croneys who tag along. Most of the time I can tell just by the question and I won't even read it. If we just ignore them, and they get zero answers, they'll get bored and go away. Trolls are like children...just looking for attention.
  • Not sure Hot Papa. But c'mon...ain't we havin fun in Facebook???
    This place isn't like it used to be that for sure...but heck it lost it's real appeal to me long ago. I am not here like I was. The questions are lame...like the guy from F1 asking the stupid "gay cowboy in NASCAR "question pretending to be serious...c'mon...LOL really? Cowboys in NASCAR???. He was trying to be insulting and didn't do his homework.
    I suppose we could just ignore it all.
    Many of us have found another site that is addicting...I am there way more than here.
  • tom p is absolutely correct. and there's sometimes where there's quality trolls with to much quantity.
  • The trolls suck and they love making folks hate it here and they love to hear us talk about them. It makes them feel like they have accomplished something by making folks mad. I don't get their way of life and I don't want to. I am a pretty happy person and I have a good life, no need to make anyone angry. I enjoy Y/A because of the folks I like but also I like the Q & A's that even Facebook can't give me. Trolls suck one of them or a hundred of them but they can't beat me I have been here for years and I am not going anywhere.

    Yes I do love Facebook but I love Y/A as well at least a good part of the time anyway. If it wasn't for Y/A I would have never met the fine folks I have. As always I am looking forward to meeting new folks too.
  • let them come I'm not going any where. places like this its your choice to make it bad or good.
  • Two that I know of
  • I gets voted off by trolls and JR nation it's not my fault #88 is a good also ran.
  • Depending on how bad they are, it could only take one.

    I would like to say that I enjoy trolling other sections and I would like to say thank you to my contacts who have a sense of humor with me.
  • The people that report users that don't LOVE Dale Jr or kyle busch are worse than any amount of trolls.
  • I think the correct answer is three, Papa. One big fat hairy Mississippi woman-hating troll, and 2 little "I didn't do nothing wrong; I'm an innocent victim" trolls. lol
  • It takes the amount that they have right now for me !And Facebook is way better !!!!!




    H E N D R I C K~M O T O R S P O R T S~R U L E S ! ! ! ! !
  • Sorry Papa, but it only takes ONE to ruin the FUN!


    But I hope your day is going well Sir Papa!


    Good Day to all of the true NASCAR NATION! ( you know who you are, and so do I )
  • Just one can leave a bad taste in your mouth. I find that there's lots more trolls answering than asking. I'm being stalked for no good reason, I just appeal and go to another section if I get really annoyed. It seems like they are multiplying all over YA, not just NASCAR.

    Ignore the TU and TD's, I had 3 of each as soon as I posted this.
  • I hate trolls = ( yuck!
  • I wouldn't say bad. It's just not as fun as it used to be because of the trolls.
  • It's not the quantity, it's the quality (or lack there of).

    You can report them all the time if you like, but that does no good. They just reappear as a new user and start all over again.

    But for your question, one (1) does it for me. But I just don't let them bother me. I see a question that is obviously a troll, I just don't answer, or I answer very carefully. Hey, 2 points is 2 points.

    If I get a violation, I just appeal. I have won like 49 of the last 50 appeals.

    Gee, 2 td's already...I wonder from whom???????
  • My answer is 2.

    Facebook is alot better than this place except for when its getting hacked into like today.

    1 on me 10 on you. :)impala chassis
  • No comments: