7.8.09

How does the NFL Season Affect your Nascar Season?

May be...

  • I'm not a redneck.
  • no it dos'ent. i just record it on my dvr.
  • where do you live, alabama?
  • If the cowboys or colts are playing, i occasionally flip during nascar commercials. otherwise, it stays nascar.
    once the nascar season is over though, i watch just about every nfl game that's on.
  • exactly how i feel every sunnday i love night races on saturday or rain outs
  • nope... I'm all FOOTBALL... Nascar gets old and repetitive til someone wrecks.. then it's worth watching
  • I like football but NASCAR comes FIRST. I check in on any football games that're on when the commercials are on or when a red flag is out.
  • It provides something to do for the boring parts of the races, and the MANY commercials.
    By the way, Richard W, football IS dangerous and hard. You try running up and down a football field as hard as you can with 15 lbs of gear on your back for 40 min. It's pretty hard, and people can die from neck injuries. Yes, Nascar is dangerous, but football is much less safety-oriented.
  • Depends on if my Patriots are playing.
    Or if hubby's Cowboys are playing.
    If they are, we do the back and forth channel hopping as well.
    (I'm more guilty of it than anyone)

    If it's two teams neither of us really don't care about, we just watch the race and catch the highlights of the NFL on SportsCenter or something.
  • I love the Nascar/Football season! If there's a good game on I'll flip between the race and the game, especially during commercials. If a football game turns out to be a nail biter, and the race is so so, I'll hit record and watch the end of the race after the game...or vice versa. Then there are Thursday, Sunday night and Monday night games that don't conflict with Nascar. Then there is Richmond and Charlotte on Saturday night, which leaves all of Sunday for football!
  • The fans of 31 drivers will switch to NFL at start of the chase since there drivers are not driving to win anymore and as chase goes on (proven point last two /three years) ratings will drop further as super teams go to the front and outcome becomes known. Sport fans are intelligent folks ,like a good contest and the silly rules of NASCAR are beginning to insult their intelligence.
  • Dad and I like Nascar better than football, so we only flip over to the game during commercials.
  • Depends are the Giants on or not? I've never sat and watched sports if my teams aren't involved, so if it's not the Giants I'm not watching(unless the wife forces me to watch the Jets), but if the Giants are on I'll flip back and forth. Now to the idiot who said no I'm not a redneck, news flash, rednecks are just as much into football as they are into racing if not more, don't believe me there's a high school near me with a Jumbtron(the only other 2 in the state are Clemson, and the University of South Carolina), and there's high school stadiums in Texas that seat over 10,000. Let's look at some of the biggest rivalries in college football Auburn-Alabama, Florida-Florida St(If your impression of Florida is that's all like Miami you'd be in for a rude shock in Gainesville or Tallahassee).
  • i got 2 tvs in my room =D
  • Theres 5 TV's in my place so we have racing and Football on, most of my Nascar group we all like the same football teams, Redskins, Panthers, Dolphins and Buc's. Yep we all are in Calif, and love east coast teams.

    Go Dale Jr
  • I only watch European football and hockey so, no, this hasn't happened to me.
  • I does not affect me at all. I don't like football so there's no problem with conflicting loyalties. When I watch NASCAR at my friend's house, they have 2 TV's going, The big screen for NASCAR and an old hurricane supply 13" TV for her husband's football (although he prefers college football).

    Florida
  • At my house we all LOVE Nascar, as well as Football, once Football Starts, my husband and my son like to flip back and forth between Nascar and Football, it drives me NUTS. I have to go in the other room to watch Nascar. I am happy to watch football after the Nascar Season is over. Is it like that for any of you?
  • well i just watch them back and forth too
  • The NFL season greatly affects my NASCAR season. I have to watch the Jaguars play on Sunday and they usually play at 1 pm. I usually flip back and forth between the game and the race. It's even tougher with college roommates that don't care about NASCAR and just want to watch football so sometimes I go somewhere else to watch.
  • i like football but when its nascar i couldnt care less about football. what gets me excited and pumped up is, is that 2 weeks after the superbowl its the DAYTONA 500!!!!
  • That's an easy question..
    The NFL is a bunch of pansies..
    They only compete against one team at a time, and they don't even wear fireproof draws..
    It (football) couldn't be either hard, or dangerous.. Racing is both hard, and dangerous.. They make racing look easy, because they are so damn good.. Football is exactly the opposite..
    No real contest.. If you prefer a game, as opposed to a real blood sport, I have no problem with that.. Just don't try to make them sound equal in some way.. They are not.. Racing is a blood sport, people die on a regular basis..
    Your choice.. A very difficult sport, that is made to look easy, by the participants, or a childrens game made to look difficult by the participants.. Just please don't try to compare them.. You may like football more, and that's really fine.. Just please be respectful enough of that distinction, and don't make it sound as though you're ordering take-out.. Thank you in advance..
    I recommend you stick with football.. Your hero's will last much longer..
  • definitely I switch back forth between games but I watch the game more
  • i tend to watch nascar more than football i like bothbt 308
  • No comments: