21.4.08

Dale Jr. or Jeff Gordon Why all the rivalry?

May be...

  • The rivalry is because Dale Sr was THE driver for quite some time until Jeff Gordon came along and started dominating. Dale recognized his talent right away and respected Jeff. He was the person that gave Gordon the nickname "Wonder Boy." They had several business ventures together and were good friends away from the track but the fans always saw them as a threat to their driver. The rivalry just continued on to Jr and his fans after the tragic passing of Dale Sr.
  • tregosteevo should get the 10! My answer exactly. Good job!!

    Apart from that I agree with you and a Gordon-fan best friend of mine who used to "hate" Jr likes him now LOL.
  • What driver doesnt have a "rivalry" with another driver? it's a part of the atmosphere, now i know there are some fans of Dale Jr. that dont like Gordon fans. It's just the sport of racing.

    random thought, i think alot of drivers have a "rivalry" with Juan Pablo Montoa, he caused a few problems last season
  • I am a die hard Dale Jr fan, I also like Jeff Gordon..Jeff learned a lot from Dale Sr, and he had a lot to do with Rick Hendrick hiring Jeff Gordon.. Jeff and Dale Jr are team mates, I have no problems with it at all. I think its great.. There is just a part of Jr Nation that just doesn't like Jeff, I say grow up, you can't deny that Jeff Gordon is a great driver, his stats say it all..

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • I didn't think Dale Jr had a problem with Gordon and vice verse. I really think that it was between the fans of the two before Dale Jr joined HMS. I think alot of Dale Sr and newly Dale Jr fans didn't like it when Jeff Gordon tied and then passed Dale Sr in wins. That's just what I think was the dust up was from.
  • Dale was the man.. then this young punk kid Jeff comes outta no where and stomps the field, domination, not intimidation became the winner of Nascar.. then.. here comes Dale Jr.. everyone hoped him to be the next Dale, but better, new young talent here to take the reigns away from dad and stomp out the new blood like gordon.. but it yet has come to be.. Ima Gordon fan.. but Dale Jr is a better driver, but gordons a better racer..
  • Well I am a Diehard Jeff Gordon Fan and I also like Dale Jr. .And you are right Jeff probably learned more from The Intimidator than anyone else.
  • True, I like both drivers.

    Can't we all just get along????

    Besides, they are on the same team and don't seems to have a problem. In fact, when Jeff broke (or Tied) Dale Sr's win record Jr. was one of the first to come over and congratulate him BEFORE he was even out of the car.

    Doesn't sound like a problem there.
  • Some people dont like Jeffs success VS Jrs. Lack of wins!!!!!
  • I think you mean the Intimidator not the terminator!

    haha
  • Tregosteevo, that was a great answer. Also, Dale was also a good business man and boy did those t-shirts fly off the shelves when that "rivalry" flared up. Truth is, there wasn't much of a rivalry. Yes, they were fierce competitors, but they also had tons of respect for each other. The rivalry was something they came up with to get the fans going and sell t-shirts. It has continued as a sort of Earnhardt v. Gordon tradition, and it has stuck because Gordon is polished and sophisticated whereas Jr. is a laid back country boy. Some people need this kind of stuff in their lives. I personally adore them both.
  • Excellent question....Junior always did and still does get along with most of the other drivers. I'm a Junior fan but I don't limit myself to just him. He's a great guy and his last name has nothing to do with his driving. It's all about people who have no idea what being a good sport is all about. I usually avoid these type of questions because nobody listens anyhow and just keeps ranting about Junior. But I couldn't resist this one! =o~} Peace!
  • I HATE JEFF GORDON AND WORSHIP THE GROUND JR WALKS ON! The problem is Jeff Gordon and his idiocy. He has gotten better since the birth of his daughter. Jeff Gordon whines over everything and he is a big baby he can't even walk in the shadow of the #3 Intimidator.
  • well the rivalry first started cause of Junior's dad Dale. You know Jeff was the start of "the New NASCAR" fans just love to hate on Jeff.
  • Jeff had a lot of respect for Dale Sr. and everything he has learned has probably been from the terminator. Dale Jr doesn't have any problems with him so why is it that the fans think that if you like Gordon you cannot possible like Jr!! I happen to like and respect both drivers and now that they are on the same team that' even better!!! Go Hendricks
  • Even though they are on the same team, I still say because of the lack of wins for Jr over the past few years. I am a big fan of Gordon but I am not a fan of Earnhardt Jr but I am also not a hater of his but if he wins or doesn't win, means nothing to me
  • No comments: