16.5.08

Dale Jrs Ghost Car?

May be...

  • hey im watching the Quail and i seen the #88 car on track and to me it looked very good to me kinda slow lap but car looked good

    oh ya is it just me or do all the cars seem. to be driven like there sideways like they. hit the walls an messed the back end up like the side of the cars are all kicked out like there drifting around the track.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14846694@N0...
  • Thats the geometry thing they have been talking about. The teams have found away to hang the body outside the chassis somehow.
  • A
    W
    E
    S
    O
    M
    E
    GO JUNIOR!
  • Man that is an awesome looking car.
  • that is a beautiful paint scheme. i'm bummed kurt's not running the gold car again this year...

    and no, it is not just you - the cars are all running in serious yaw (in this case, twisted to the left). carl edwards and kyle busch have been doing it a while. it really makes the cars go faster in the corners, but it makes them much harder to drive, so only the real "wheelman" can make it work well without slamming the wall, and sometimes not even then...
  • It is my new favorite paint scheme on the year kicking AJ Allmendinger's silver car. The cars are sideways because Nascar allows a certain allowance to put the rear end in the back of the car crooked. DW calls it "yaw."
  • Yeah, I love that scheme, the one for Daytona in July's killer as well.
  • Oh good! It's not just my bad vision. I thought that some of the cars looked a little lop-sided today.
  • I like it, but I'm still waiting for a mock Budweiser red Mountain Dew Code Red paint scheme. =)
  • Yep, the car was real purdy. I hope they get it dialed in a little better for tomorrow night.

    You weren't dreaming about the cars. I especially noticed it when they were coming down for their pit and the camera was hitting them head on. Many of them were skewed big time. Carl Edward's was the most I think. Car looked like his tires shouldn't have been driving straight, lol.
  • nice picture!! damn, that is one beautiful car.
  • Yes you are right that is one good looking car. I noticed that most of the cars are running sideways except the HMS cars . Maybe Rick needs to get the cars like the others !
  • No comments: