14.5.08

How many of you bashed the COT at the beginning but like it now?

May be...

  • I'm OK with COT, but I still bash the Chase format.
  • Its still Growing on me I think the only thing they need to take off on theCOT is the Front Valance it seems to be in the way.
  • I hated it as well when they first started running it. I thought it make the races a little more boring if they all handled and looked exactly the same. I was wrong. They are a ball to watch and the drivers are comparing the handling to the old school dirt tracks. Very cool!
  • I bashed it at the beginning and I still don't like it. It still handles like crap, does not promote side-by-side racing and I blame it for giving us races where by 1/4 through it, less than half of the cars are on the lead lap.

    Part of that is also the ultra-conservative tires that Goodyear has gone to -- that just ... don't ... wear.

    It's kinda cool that you can crush the side of the car and not really be affected but at the same time, I don't like the kind of racing that will eventually produce.

    And the big, big problems are the lack of handling that force drivers to do much less side-by-side racing than was orginally intended.

    I will say this: the piece is a SAFETY DREAM. NASCAR deserves all the credit in the world for producing such a safe vehicle. I think we could seriously be looking at a minimum of two deaths (including Jeff Gordon) if all the massive safety improvements hadn't occurred after Dale Sr.'s death.

    Nathan
  • Never hated it, but I should wish they could give the manufacturers a little more le-way, to make the cars look different.

    I understand why NA$CAR wanted to make em safer.
    Build a roll cage, and put some skin on it.

    But, why can't a Chevy look like a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, all of em?
  • The C.O.T. is the reason I know longer watch.
  • I thought it was a good thing except for the looks. I thought all along that people were jumping to conclusions when they said it was no good after running 1 race on a track with it. Now that they have made multiple trips to move tracks we have seen that the racing is good and the teams have figured out the setups. The looks are growing on me.
  • I bashed the heck out of it and now I like it.
  • The C.O.T still needs time. I still don't think its as good as the old car, but it can be I think. Teams just need time to figure it out on the intermediate (cookie cutter tracks). Atlanta and Texas were absolutely boring the first time aroud. No one wants to see someone pull out to a five second lead at these tracks. The short tracks have had some decent racing this year. As time goes by several teams will figure out the setups needed on tracks like Atlanta, and they will become more exciting.
    As a fan I do not like the fact, they do not wreck as easy. Heck thats where the excitement is. If Kyle Busch hit the wall in the old car as many times as he did saturday night, i will gurantee he would not have won that race.
    It will get better though. As of now I am still not a big fan, but I am not going to stop watching
  • Yep, I did too. The looks of it have grown on me, but I still wish you could distinguish the make of the car just by glancing.

    The first few races when the leader got a three second lead, and everybody just had to follow until a caution was thrown was mostly why I bashed. That seems to be improving somewhat now as the teams learn and grow with it.

    I guess I am one of those people that just don't like change and it takes awhile. I'm glad the cars are so much safer for the drivers though. I never bashed that fact.
  • i like it now too.
    it was just hard to get use to at first.
  • No comments: