22.6.08

R.I.P. Scott Kalitta...Simply Horrifying Crash. Comments?

May be...

  • Where is the sand trap at the end of the track???????
    A concrete barrier stops you the wrong way WTF R.I.P Scott
  • The only people watch racing is for the crashes.
  • Yes a horrible way to pass on.
    Condolences to family and friends.
  • I was at the Long Beach Grand Prix I remember that awful crash, yeah it was a terrible one its up there with the worse that I have seen. Scotts crash was bad. But then we all have to step back and think...these great guys do this because they love what they are doing., its a terrible price to pay, to die at what you love doing, drag racing has had some bad crashes here recently, but then they know the danger, its a passion people have doing what they love..I tried to tell myself over and over and over when Dale Sr died in Daytona, how many yrs has it been, every year when the Daytona 500 comes around I get goose bumps and I always remember that last lap in 2001, before the green flag falls,, We all are fans of our drivers and every day we know once they strap in, well something could happen...Its a dangerous sport, I've lost 2 cousins and a uncle to auto racing, but they died doing what they love...It never makes it easy..R.I.P Scott.. NHRA and all your fans will miss you...
  • --AWFUL. awful to think of what was going
    on inside that burning car--he did not activate the chute because the jet fuel was burning him
    up. poor scott. awful, awful.
  • I tell you what...I have been an auto racing fan for over 40 years and I have seen some horrifying crashes, like Clay Regazzoni at the Long Beach GP, but this is the absolute worst. I have never, ever seen such devastation. Condolences to his family.
  • No comments: