23.9.08

Do you think Dale Jr.'s problem is Tony Jr ?

May be...

windows mobile 2003 password manager
  • You can take the best crew chief ever known to NASCAR, put them with the best driver ever known to NASCAR, and if the two of them spend the entire 500 laps of a race arguing and bickering, it's not going to be a successful pairing.
    Tony Eury's a good crew chief (not the best, but good)
    Dale's a good driver (again, not the best, but good)
    Neither of them are performing to their full potential while together.
    Tony needs a driver that will respect him, and not consistantly over-rule his decisions.
    And Dale needs a crew chief that has the stones to tell him to shut-up and drive.
  • I hate to say this but I think so I've been saying all along that he needs a different crew chief I know they are family and that makes it harder to change but I honestly believe that Jr would do a whole lot better with someone else, I love Jr but that's just my honest opinion!
  • i lay partial blame to tony
    but alot of other teams seem to do the same thing
  • I am beginning to think so. Actually yesterday I was reading one of Tregosteve's posts and it made a lot of sense to me. It really is easier to yell and scream at each other when you have been practically family all your lives. My brother works in the office here he is our QC Manager and I can tell you for sure when he asks me to do something for him it sure is a lot easier not to listen to him, or argue or fight with him than it would be if say the owner were to ask me. They can get a little to comfortable and a little to lax I think.

    I adore Tony Jr. But Dale Jr. may need someone a little stronger to handle him and get Junior into victory lane.
  • partly i thinh rickH needs to be involved a little more on the 88 team maybe a team mgr would be good for tony but i personally think he is a good crew chief you can teach an old dog new tricks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Yes!

    Happy Bday Steevo!
  • Not entirely. If I were Rick, I think I'd try Junior with a different crew chief. Not right now, but maybe at the first of the 2009 season. That might help them assess exactly what the problem is. Swap Eury and Letarte for a while. That could get interesting. : )
  • Like Steffy, I'm beginning to think so. I'm not sayin kick Tony Jr. off the team, but maybe a spotter instead of crew chief. It's that "family thing" if Tony Jr. makes a call & Junior doesn't like it, he throws a fit. I listen to him on Pit Command. It's a good thing at times that they are family. Nothing against Tony Jr. but he can't seem to get thru to Junior at times. Junior needs someone who he will listen to and get him on the right track. It was pretty sad that Rick Hendrick had to get on the radio when you think about it. JMO
  • No I think communication is the issue. Dale Jr. shouts and Tony can't understand. they have tried the other crew chief thing and hasn't worked yet.
  • I think that's part of it but I do think Dale Jr is partially to blame. I don't believe that Jr is good at relaying what the car is doing and what it needs in an effective way. Getting all worked up and yelling doesn't usually help the problem. I'm sure Tony Jr. picked up a lot of secrets and helpful tips from his dad, as far as working with the "downforce" car, but he does not seem to be as comfortable with making adjustments on the COT. It will be interesting to see what sort of personnel changes Rick might make in the offseason. Your driver might be in the market for a new crew chief as well (no, you CAN'T have Chad)?
    LMAO David, you can't just stop having birthdays bro. Besides, I'm just 39...for the 3rd time.
    3 STR8 N 08!!!
  • Junior is too hard headed and in way over his head. All his Hater Nation thugs like to crow about his two Busch championships, maybe thats where he ought to have stayed. He surely never will have one in Cup racing.
  • Tony Jr and the MEDIA.
  • I think Dale Jr's problem is that he wants to be like his dad. Junior is an okay driver but just doesn't have the talent to be great like his father. I don't think it would matter who the crew chief was, you'd still get the same result. He can hold his own, but he can't be great.
  • Lots of things have to jive. It's never just the driver, just the crew chief, or just the equipment. Jr. and his team have some things to work on. If they can work together to solve their problems, then we will see him win some races. Jr. needs to work on his communication skills, and Tony Eury Jr. needs to work on keeping up with an ever changing track throughout the day. If they can't do that, then it's up to Mr. Hendrick to make any necessary changes in employess to get his car in victory lane. Just my HO.
  • A very interesting question, some think it is some say it's not. I heard them mention that this team was split up before and it did not work. I have heard some say that Jr does not describe what is happening woth the car in a manner that is conducive to actually handling the matter (ala Cole Trickle) As for me I honestly think that both need to get together and come to a meeting of the minds and figure out what is lacking and get it done. Perhaps it is as simple as communication.....
  • No way dude! Jr. would have punted him a long time ago if that was the problem!
  • I think it is the combination of the two together. they don't seem to "mesh" well. Jr. has some problems communicating, and Tony has some problems making decisions. Maybe I should say "enforcing" decisions. Dale seems to need somebody who will stand his ground, and make him listen.

    Happy, Happy Birthday my friend Steevo!

    Hope you have a great day. You need to go out and do something silly for yourself (something you normally wouldn't do). It will exhilarate you. Have some fun!

    *MOJO*
  • Dale Jr's problem is Dale Jr. It's about time people blame the root of all of it. It's been 9 years, it's about time the REAL problem gets credit
  • Definitely a part of it...
  • he gets in the way sometimes but jr.'s problem is mostly, just as most drivers, luck.
  • No, Dale Jr.'s problem is Dale Jr.!
  • Tony Eury Jr isn't driving the car is he?? If everything must be 110% perfect in order for Dale Earnhardt Jr to win, maybe it's because Jr is to inadequate to win by himself and everything has to line up perfect for it to happen. (Michigan)
  • Maybe Dale Jr & Jeff Gordon should swap crew chiefs.
  • NO.........I think Jr. problem is his severe lack of driving talent!
  • i think it alittl bit of both of them.
  • No comments: