24.9.08

Whats wreck is most memorable to you?

May be...

grants government free
  • Probably the most chilling for me, other than Dale, was just a week later, when Dale Jr. hit the wall in the same manner in about the same place just a week later at Rockingham. It was eerie to see a wreck look so similar, albeit at a slower speed.
  • other then we lost our beloved 3. RIP Dale Sr
  • For me it was Ryan Newman's 2003 Daytona crash. Completely lost the back axle during that flip. That was just after I started watching NASCAR & was beginning to be a Newman fan. I'll never forget that wreck.
  • Ryan Newman's wreck at the 2003 Daytona 500 when his car flipped down the tri-oval, tearing off the rear axle and shredding the car's body.
  • i remember more wrecks than who wins!!!!!!!!!
  • The other wreck that occured on that fateful day.

    The wreck where Tony Stewarts car got flipped on top of Bobby LaBonte's.

    I was soo scared, not as if it were the worst wreck I have ever seen. But as a 9/10 year old watching your favorite driver have another drivers car on top of theres it scared me.
  • Mikey's Bristol wreck.
  • When Jr and Steve Park wrecked at Pocono
  • After seeing #3s wreak I would have to say Michal McDowell's flip at Texas this year.
  • Yes, I will admit Dale Sr's is my most memorable. But I was at the 1970 Rebel 400 that crash Richard Petty walked away from was unreal I think he injured his shoulder, thank god for safety nets now. That Bodine truck crash at Daytona was a memorable one also..

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • To me personally, Kyle Busch last year at Talladega.
  • the one at Daytona with Bodine in the Truck race back in 2000. Can't even watch it
  • Absolutely will never forget when #43 Richard Petty flipped and twirled violently against the fence during the Daytona 500 in the late 80's. My dad and I being huge Petty fans were shocked, scared, and saddened by the horrific looking crash. Thankfully he walked away to race another day. But I'll never forget that race.There's been tons of memorable crashes over the years but that one will stick with me.
    Just an opinion as always.
  • elliot sadler 2003 dega crash...it's my all time favorite because you know after it happened he walked away. Which when you look at it...it's amazing that he did.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p8YnkJ6-...
  • when tony stewart in his #33 old spice car in the busch race fliped up inj the air came crashing down on his hood, and rolled 6 times and flew up in the air again, and landed on his hood than fliped over to his wheels..... ...... thank god tony only wlaked away with a broken collar bone, and a dislocated shoulder!
  • For wrecks that i have seen in person... i would have to say when Busch flipped his car several times in back to back days on the back stretch at Talladega a couple of years back.. it was a wild ride for him and he tore up two race cars!
  • Still have to go with Mike Harmon at Bristol. I've never seen anything like it in my life. Worse then Mikeys.
  • This is only my second year watching NASCAR. Most memorable for me is Michael McDowell's flip at Texas this year.
  • Jeff Gordon at Pocono.... very hard and scary crash...

    Jeff Gordon at Las Vegas... wow.. that was scary

    Good thing he was alright...
  • When Richard Petty wrecked at Daytona...banging the fence, then other cars hit him going about 180 mph. All that was left was the cage he sat in. No engine or trunk and he up and walked away. I think this was in 1974
  • maybe the wreck tbone talked about, but it was the truck race where the truck just disagrated, nothing left of it, and if im not mistaking to went up across the fence too, a pretty spectacular wreck
  • Jerry Nadeau at Richmond. It was practice and not highly televised, but unforgettable to me.
  • kyle busch, the aaron's 312 at talladega last year. others might have been bigger, worse, more awe-inspiring or more horrific in the past, but i watched (on tv) as that one happened, so it is most memorable to me.

    as for one i didn't see when it happened, every time i see mikey crash at bristol in 1990 and his car ripped to shreds, i cringe.
  • Way too many to mention but these take the tops;
    Bobby Allison at Pocono,broadside into drivers door ended his carreer.
    Bobby Allison into the catch fence at Talladega,the fence did it's job.If that car had gone thru the fence into the crowd!
    Mike Harmon at Bristol.
    Rusty Flipping at Talladega when he and Dale got together.
    Darrell Waltrips Pocono crash.
    Daveys Pocono crash.
    The crash at Talladega when Jimmy Horton Went airborn over the wall between 1 & 2 and down the embankment,Stanley Smith received a fractured skull in this wreck..
  • mine was a crash dale senior had when his car flipped over. when the car was righted he got back in and it started, he drove it instead of being forced to go to the infield care center. i think that being able to continue in that race gave him the margin of points he won the championship by that year.
  • Davey Allison at Pocono. he flipped so may times i shook for a half hour.
  • when I stood at the altar , and said "I do"
  • No comments: