23.9.08

How many of you NASCAR fans are redneck?

May be...

speech therapy school
  • yep sure are 100% redneck, I guess who cares we are all just 100% Nascar fans that's what makes us all so great!
  • Well if you define redneck as a person that likes: NASCAR, Country Music, and Pick-Up Trucks, then I guess I would be considered a redneck. But I dont really think that I would be categorized as a redneck personally.
  • I am, I'm the only redneck at my school
  • You might be a redneck if you watch Nascar as your Sunday sermon!
  • Define redneck.
  • What's the difference between a redneck and a hick? My best friends were in a heavy metal band, and I fit well into that scene, and i'm pretty much into hard rock. I was never a shade tree mechanic but worked on a professional level. I'm what they call a "motorhead". I'm not a redneck but I've probably partied with them before. I think I live too far north to be classified as a redneck. And I drink my beer out of a glass. But I did spend a lot of time in county.
  • I live in Wisconsin and definitely consider myself a northwoods redneck. I like to drink beer, hunt, fish and am the biggest NASCAR fan I know of in the area I live. My wife and I live in the country with our 2 dogs, on just over 11 acres. I have my "beater" truck, a dookie brown 1992 Ford F150. It's a plain jane regular cab, full box, manual transmission 4x4 that just oozes redneck (and a little oil). I did just put new tires on it today, though. I got 3 used ones from the junkyard for $43 (2 of them even match) LOL
    3 STR8 N 08!!!
  • I find being a redneck more a state of mind than a description. My state of mind is: Here I am in all my glory, take it or leave it. I have no need to impress you nor anyone else and even less desire to impress or be liked. I do what I want as long as it is not illegal or intentionally offensive. My dad, wife, daughter and grand kids like me and that is all I need. If people I meet like me that's gravy on my taters but I can live without gravy. I love NASCAR and secretly root for Jr. but Indy cars have better looking drivers.
  • I think I am more of a hillbilly than a redneck but from Storm Bandit's description I think I want to be "Mr Redneck!!!!!"
  • Okay...well, I'd say I'm semi-redneck.

    I am an office professional, live in the country, drive a 2006 Sebring, like to fish, sit around the campfire, drink a few beers, watch the races every weekend. I love country music-well actually I like most every kind of music. I don't mind getting dirty...I like playing in the mud, hanging out on 4-wheelers, or riding in my hubby's pickup truck. The only exception I can see is the Confederate flag...I don't own one, and have no use for one...JMO tho. Other than that...I'm pretty much a country hick...maybe hick is the better word to describe me...LOL.
  • All Dale Jr fans are, so about 80%
  • Well I live in Southeast Louisiana ,I have a 82 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler jacked up 18 inches in the air,a 99 GMC 2500 HD Turbo Diesel Ext cab truck with a bull guard on the front and a american flag on the back window ! I love to hunt ,fish ,drink beer,and watch Nascar so I guess I am a redneck !No let me change that a Cajun Redneck !
  • hell yeah i'm a redneck!!
  • not really
  • I know a lot are redneck. I've been to quite a few races. But I personally don't fit that category. I have a white collar job, don't drive a pick-up truck, don't listen to country music, and only drink imported beer if I drink beer at all. I like to camp, and I guess you could kind of define that as redneck, but I need an RV with full hookups or I don't camp.
  • I know that's a big stereotype of NASCAR fans. So how many of you are actually redneck? I know I am!
  • I wouldn't say redneck... we live in a nice house that I am anal about keeping clean, I drive a 2005 Pathfinder, I have a white collar job, and dress up for work every day. We live in North Carolina, listen to country music, and we have a pop up camper and enjoy camping and going to races and watch the race every week (or listen on the radio if we're not at home). And yes, I also like beer. Hubby likes to fish, hunt, camp, and also go to races. I dont think I'd call that redneck.
  • 110% of them.
  • I am who I am, no false pretenses here. What you see is what you get. I don't sugar coat anything I have to say and I have a heart as big as all outdoors. I'm country born n raised, still live there, I luv to be outdoors, fishing, camping or sittin' around a fire. I drive a pick up truck, like country music & classic rock. When I was able to work, it was a blue collar job so my answer is yes, I am a redneck. But keep one thing in mind, some of the greatest people you could ever meet in your lifetime are Nascar fans!
  • Listening to country music, hunting, having a pick-up truck and liking the confederate flag aren't the things that necessarily make you a redneck.

    I'm not much of a country music fan, I prefer fishing to hunting, I do have a pick-up truck (actually it's my husband's) and I'm not from the south, so I'm not much of a confederate flag kinda person.
    I can only speak for myself, this NASCAR fan's a redneck, and damn proud of it.
  • Good question. I never really counted, and I never figured if made a difference. But, I guess I am a redneck by choice. I don't live in the south, or racing country. I live in Cali. We have an '85 Bronco with a lift kit, 38" swampers, and switched out auto for manual tranny, and we love 4 wheelin'. Got a 2006 pick-up too. Biggest NASCAR fan I know, I fly flags out front, decals on my car too. I love country music, and good rock-n-roll too! My attitude is take me as I am, I am brutally honest, and if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question! My urban neighbors think I am a redneck....WOOO_HOOOO!

    *MOJO*
  • you obviously dont know me yet
  • Don't forget, When you move out to the mountains DON'T forget your Banjo.
  • Business woman and professional during the day who works in the City (dreaming of cars and nascar) but...

    Heck yes, as soon as I get off work; the dress comes off, hair comes down--tank top and ripped jeans on for the drive home to the country where I live (4 car garage, 2 acres, 3 bedroom, 2 bath--garage being most important) and yes I have a pick up truck, 2 germans shepherds, a .22 and a confederate flag tacked up in my garage.)


    I don't really consider myself anything but Storm (but I sure fit the 'definition' of redneck when I get off work!)
  • I'm too much of a "city slicker".

    Well, maybe a "suburban slicker" instead...

    I'd love to live in the rural areas. Life would be simple.
  • There are a lot of redneck fans but there are more non-redneck fans.
  • Well born and raised in new York state...lived here most of my life...

    But this speaks for me....ROFL

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAe6awI8K...
  • Hmm let's see my parents were born in NYC, I listen to metal,hardcore and punk, I drive a Chevy Cobalt, my wife drives a Kia Optima. When I do drink beer it's Guiness not Budweiser. I have nothing against hunting, but I have better things to do with my time than get up at the butt-crack of dawn to sit in a tree freezing my a*s off hoping to shoot a deer. So no I'm not a redneck, and despite what Jerry Dingleberry says I'm a Jr fan as well.
  • I fit some of the qualifications such as liking country music and trucks, and I live in VA, but I don't consider myself a redneck at all to be honest.
  • No comments: