28.3.09

Why do you have a favorite driver?

May be...

  • That's like saying it doesn't matter if I win or lose. I just like to gamble. Most people gamble to win and get ahead not to watch everyone take their money. Report Abuse
  • Because the fun of it is having a different driver than some of your friends so when your driver wins you can rub it in their face. You are right about picking favorite kids. Now that's wrong. But if your kid is playing baseball you are not going to pull for someone else's kids because he's on a team you like better. That would be wrong but it's okay in my book to have favorite drivers.

    Now it may not be politically correct "online" to rub it in people's face here on Yahoo Answers because behind a keyboard people can't judge each other's true character but I guarantee anybody that you think you have differences with here because it hurts people's feelings ... I would be willing to bet they would be your best friend if you were watching the race togther in the same house cooking ribs and having a drink.

    Rivalries are fun in person. People like to pick at each other and say "I'll get you next time". The only problem with doing it here on Yahoo Answers is the trolls have made it to where people can't get along. It's hard to trust anyone and too many people are looking at everyone else trying to find a reason to call them a troll or accuse them of other things.

    There is nothing wrong with having favorite drivers. The day it becomes wrong is the day I need to stop watching NASCAR.
  • I always thought favoritism to people was wrong. Like... what if your parents picked a favorite child. I think that's why people become biased in their answers to the point of having hurt feelings.
  • Your whole idea about favoritism is golden. I mean, choose between my wife or two girls, pick me. As a parent, you're absolutely right. You can't pick a favorite (even though you might have one).

    I don't have a problem picking a favorite driver because they're not my kids. On the other hand, I'm not out there hating on anyone.... That's just me.
  • You are right. I don't know...I picked Dale Sr. to watch and cheer for because I met him first. After that it just fell to his son. Though since I have been watching I usually cheer for many. lol
    I saw Kyle when he won his first "Busch" race in 2004 and led most all of the laps...236 out of 250...so I kept my eye on him and just found myself looking for him on the track during every race. He's kind of my "adopted" kid. And all the other drivers are someone else's adopted kids. Some kids one just likes better than others.
    Plus racing is the ultimate thrill for me but I also like to hear the interviews and read up on what all drivers do off the track.
  • You right on a more personal level, I think. Racing cars is different. It adds to the festivities. It gives you someone to cheer for. It's all in good fun. I don't like it when it comes to hurting peoples feelings. The folks and relatives we hang out with for NASCAR do it for fun. We have some pretty intense discussions but it's all in fun. And, that's what's important. If it got serious, I would be out of there in a hurry. (That's why I hate discussing politics - it's do or die and I don't like that.)
  • I think Im going to cry now. You hurt my feelings dang it! Im going to my room.**stomp**stomp**

    It just gives me someone to pull for. Nascar drivers aren't my kids so I can have favorites. I try not to be biased in my opinions here but when I am its because I won a bet with someone(Steffy, dalejr4ever,Prez) and rub it in.
  • because there aint as many toyota's in it than fords and chevys... and kyle is the shiz.... and sexy =]
    and i like his sponsers
  • I'm an only child..One favorite works just fine for me.
    Occasionally I have hurt feelings, occasionally I cause hurt feelings.
    I try not to do either, but it happens.
  • I see what you mean, but I don't think it's wrong to have a favorite driver. I have one because he fascinates me with everything he does. Parents love all of their children. Most race fans aren't related to the drivers, so I don't think it matters if they are leaving other drivers out. I respect all of the drivers, but it's fun to keep an eye on that certain one that really gets my attention.

    I admit I'm biased in some of my answers, but it's only because I'm loyal to my favorite driver. I don't expect him to win all of the races; I'm just trying to cheer him on.
  • We are wired to have a natural affinity for some people and not for others. Favoritism is not prejudice it is simply who likes whom. You may like someones looks, attitude, home town, behavior, or what have you. There will always be someone else who has a different favorite.96 intrepid fuel pressure regulator problem
  • No comments: