20.3.08

Do You agree. The best thing Bernie has done for Years.?

May be...

  • I just hope it means that half-wit James Allen is dispensed with. Hopefully they'll keep Martin Brundle on though.
  • ITV has put up no resistence in losing the coverage.They have entertained the British public in a brilliant manner over the last 9 yrs.Maybe the stuffy BBC will imitate them in their coverage.

    I am happy providing they sign Steve Rider and the mountain of knowledge Martin Brundle,just nothin gets away from this guy.He still has connections within the sport and F1 would never be the same without him.As for the rest they all everyone has done a sterling job and will be sorely missed adverts and all.
  • We'll have to wait and see what the coverage is like. If it's level with ITV but minus the ad breaks then it's a HUGE plus.

    Note: Bernie isn't doing this 'for the fans', there's obviously been a big wodge of cash put under his nose.
  • It`s about time, the adverts were spoiling the whole programme. I hate it when they say" while you were away this happened" then they show a replay and you miss the bit they show the replay over !!
    PS, can we have Murray back too ? James Allen is c*+p
  • He has Sold tv coverage in the uk back to the BBC from next season
  • Cool. From what i've heard, BBC coverage was way better than the current ad infested itv coverage..

    I can't wait.. I'll miss Louise Goodman's interviews with drivers who crash out during a race though.

    Edit:

    Also, being with the bbc, maybe the Jeremy Clarkson can be a guest commentator or pit lane interview guy. That would be pretty cool.
  • Should be great especially if they use the interactive service too.Different camera angles,being able to follow different drivers.I'm going to start a campaign to get them to use the old theme music too.nyIf anyone wants to join me here's the link

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors/...
  • I nearly fainted when I heard the news. I cant believe he actually put the fans first for once. NO MORE ADVERTS - YAY.

    me being the cynic I am bets he got mega bucks for the deal though
  • No i dont i also dislike Bernie Ecclestone he is 2 faced
  • yeah hes done something right for once, im worried about siverstone though hes always moaning about it. Silverstone is THE home of British motorsport. I hope he keeps it here. every year he moans and threatens to scrap it.
  • I am flaming ecstatic! No more ads!!!!!!!! Hopefully this means the end of the annoying James Allen?

    Bernie, I salute you!
  • At least he's doing something right for the fans, for once!
  • great that we will not have to suffer advert breaks - however means i will have to hope I don't miss anything thrilling when I rush to the loo now we won't have a loo/tea/snack break!!!
  • I may have to consider moving back to the UK. They have to ditch that half-wit James Allen though and put in a lead commentator that Martin Brundle can respect...


    Btw, unlike many critics of James Allen, I thought Murray Walker was utterly incompetent if occasionally amusing in his incompetence. I spent large parts of my childhood shouting at the TV when he'd made yet another mistake identifying a car or getting some fact or other wrong. He's MUCH better doing interviews or being interviewed himself.
  • Good no crappy breaks every 15mins.
  • No comments: