10.4.08

I recently was fortunate enough to recieve hot passes for talladega. What do I need to know?

May be...

  • whats the best way to meet my fav drivers? what time do i need to get there? how long should I stay, does anything happen after the race? can i take a backpack? anything that will help make my experience the best please let me know...
  • Id get there early as possible, the night before is even better. stay as long as you like, and yeah I think you can bring a backpack, this past weekend at texas i was allowed to!
  • check the track website for any special conditions. I know Las Vegas does not allow drinks to be brought in to the track nor coolers. Also, probably will have backpack searched. The track website should tell when gates open and garage area opens. HAVE FUN
  • If you have hotpasses, you will have no problem meeting drivers. Just don't bug them during important times, obviously. You need to adhere to the dress code. Long pants, close toed shoes and a shirt with sleeves (i.e. no tanktops- T-shirts are OK). I am not sure about a backpack in the garage area. They might not allow that. I've never thought about it before. I try to travel light at the races :)
    I DO know that the back pack would have to be clear, as it is an ISC track. They won't let you in with a regular backpack-not even into the regular grandstands.

    After the race is the "race after the race." The drivers who are not obligated to do an interview try to get out of the track ASAP. It gets deserted pretty quickly!!
  • You can take a back pack(subject to search) but remember this.No Shorts in the garage area,and no open toe shoes(flip flops sandles so forth) if you have on shorts or open toe shoes you will not be allowed in.
  • Just get there Plenty Early and have Plenty of Film in your camera and a Pen for Autographs!!!!!!!
  • No comments: