10.4.08

Tony Stewarts career?

May be...

  • 5 years. guessing of course.
    GO # 9 Kasey Kahne
  • That is probably a really good plan for him, but I think he is a long way from retiring!

    Go JR.>>>>
  • As long as he can win a few races a year and compete for a championship he'll still race. I read recently that he said he is having more fun this year than he ever has even though he hasnt won yet this year.
  • Tony is a man of his word.

    He would probably butt too many heads with another team.
  • Loyalty is a wonderful trait, I admire that in him. I bet he sticks around for a while yet.
  • I think that's a pretty cool statement. I hope he will stick to his word.
  • He will stay with Joe Gibbs Racing until he retires.
  • I say he races until it isn't fun and he is riding around the track not able to win which will probably be when he is in his 60s or 70s.

    Seriously, I think he could race until he is 50 or 55.

    He is 36 right now (37 in May) so that will be until 2021 if he decides to race until he is 50.

    If he wins 3 races a year which is what he is averaging that would bring his total to 74 by the end of 2021 a very respectable collection of wins and he is bound to win at LEAST two more titles in that time. If he picks up his average, or races until he is 55 he could get 80-90 wins that would be awesome (in my opinion as a TS fan)
  • According to an AP article that I read this morning on this web site, Tony Stewart does not intend to drive for another owner at the end of his contract. He says I plan to retire with Gibbs, I have since day one. He is a great great friend. He did not elude to how much longer he is going to drive though. Your thoughts?
  • I tend to believe him but things change. Now Brett Favre might come out of retirement and Mark Martin is still racing after his Salute to the Fans tour when he was supposed to hang his helmet up.
  • As long as he's having fun.... which means he'll probably extend that contract ...

    He's one of the three best drivers on the track today ( his record proves that)..

    Smile... and trade in those Goodyears for a real tire :)
  • Things change. Remember Rickey Rudd and Mark Martin.
  • I'd say he only has 2 or 3 years left. His heart doesn't seem to be in it as much as it used to be and he has other things he wants to do. I think a big reason he wants to stick around for a little longer is because he is passionate about raising money for various charities, but he certainly doesn't need the money for himself. He would be content to go dirt racing and be more involved with the day to day operations of Eldora, in my opinion.
  • Tony's a pretty good dude. He usually sticks to his word.
  • He may surprise everyone and retire in the next few years. I don't see him sticking around for much longer. He is smart to stick with Gibbs. Other team owners may have cut him loose after some of the incidents he's been involved with over the years. Joe Gibbs must be one heckuva coach to keep guys like Stewart and Busch under some kind of control. So far they haven't had to race each other much, but if push comes to shove, sparks will fly.
  • Yea, he will be there until he retires. I dont think he is going to be around forever though. He is sick of the NA$CAR hype and media, and would rather spend his time on a dirt track.
  • I won't be surprised if he retires early. Everyone knows he's a dirt track racer, his first love. It wouldn't surprise me now that he owns El Dora Speedway. Hopefully he can fix the problems there.
  • No comments: