29.5.08

Will gas prices affect how you follow Nascar?

May be...

  • go to 2 a year so no its not going to effect it
  • Oh you know there will be dummies sacrificing the electric bill and telephone for a good weekend at the track.
  • I don't get to go to the races as I am working all the time but I think if people want to go they are going to they are just going to have to pick and choose the ones they go to and crunch some numbers
  • I will still go to the talladega race in october every year as I have been for the last 5 years
  • it's not gas prices that determine it - it's how hot it is around labor day. the fontana race is not that exciting in the winter, but it's definitely not worth it at 140 degrees trackside.
  • I try to make at least 2 races a year. 2006 we went to 4, last year we went to 2, and this year we have already been to 2. Planning one more I think, probably Richmond in the fall if I can find tickets. I usually stick to the tracks I can get to in less than 4 hours i.e. Bristol, Martinsville, Charlotte. Gas prices really haven't affected my NASCAR life....yet!
  • Nope. I don't have a local track. The closest one is Vegas. So I'll be watching Jeff stay in the chase from the comfort of home.
  • Smokey !! I'm about 12mi. from the trac... here in McDonough, Ga. and I know this BIG-BLOCK i'm driving???
    Is gonna take my T-shirt money, that I'll usually buy at the race
  • My tickets are already bought for both N H races ( about 41/2 hour drive one way for me) and also for the August Bristol Race About 16 hour drive one way, the price of gas will not stop me from going.
  • I'm leaving for Dover tomorrow, as usual every year. Given the price of the tickets ($100+ each), hotel for the weekend ($150 per night) and food, a tank of gas is almost insignificant.
  • hahahaha this is a funny question.
  • Not really living out here in Calif, I normally have to fly to most races.. #18 Rowdys World, Fontana race is end of August this, and its suppose to be even hotter than last yr..Gas will be close to $5.00 a gallon by then, theres already places out here where premium is hitting $4.59... Gas Pricies is not going to put a stop on me going to races, but it sure has limited my driving for trips I do not need.. I filled up my car yesterday, use to take $18.00 now its $26.00, but it could be worse the guy in front of me $172.00 to fill up his Suburban, and he said it wasn't even empty...OUCH!!

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • No. I only go to the Bristol races. The track is very close to my house so I will still go.
  • Will you go to more or less races in the future?
  • No comments: