3.7.08

What are your thoughts on Elliott Sadler?

May be...

  • Elliot is a very talented driver who needs to be with a better team.Sorry but I'm not impressed with Everenham now.
  • I like him ,he's a good driver and a great guy .
  • His "in disguise" commerical is the funniest commercial NASCAR has right now.
  • i enjoy his sunoco spotter commercial
  • I've always liked him such a great guy, love his sense of humor, I'm glad his Cup team is getting better and Elliott is getting some top 10 and top 5 finishes. I'm sure we are going to see Elliott in Victory Lane, he is pretty dang good on restrictor plate tracks.. Yes i agree its the same 3 or 4 drivers on here that get all the attention.. I know he is your fav so you have to be happy with Elliott this yr, I'm so happy for Elliott and all his fans....I love his Sunoco commercial he pulls it off great... I'd say he is one great southern boy, love his accent, and I know wins are not far away....

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
    (congrats Kurt B#2) I lost a bet
  • Elliott has always been one of my favorite drivers. He is a great person, a gentleman, just luv his accent. If it weren't for bad luck, he wouldn't have any. Seems to always get caught up in somebody else's mess. He is way over due for a trip to victory lane. It was great to see him in the top 10 for a change.
    He should of been the new Bud Man! That would of been the perfect replacement for Junior. He's the outdoor type and has a great sense of humor. You can picture him as a beer drinker...Lol. It's time for his mental picture to change from his car flipping numerous times to winnin a race! Great story Maggie! Thanks for sharing that. =o`)
  • I actually like Elliot, come on he's a VA boy. Next state over for me. I think a lot of the time he is over shadowed by his team mate Kasey Kahne. In addition, Elliot is an excellent short track racer.

    In his rookie year (Nationwide) he go the pole at Daytona and then 3 more poles during that year

    He won for the Wood bros at Bristol.in 1999, gosh they had not had a win sense 1993. Good for him!

    Sadler has had many accomplishments in driving. I just wish he would have better luck this year. Humble man too, does not complain really or pick at other driver. Loves to race.
  • I enjoy Elliott! He seems down to earth, loves his racing but also loves hunting and being with his family. I always felt if Bud was going to abandon Junior they should have picked up Elliott to sponsor. He was more of a "Bud guy" in my mind than Kasey.
  • I really like Elliott! (and I will probally be sporting his avatar soon for the bet with you!! =:) but that's okay cause I think he is a great guy and driver that has alot of bad, bad luck! I also think he is very underrated no one gives him the credit he deserves or fears him the way they should but one of these days he is gonna prove to them that , that will work to his advantage and he'll sneak up on them and beat them!! (that's the day I'll be in a #19 right Tom LOL) but really Elliott is really funny and a good guy and I like him alot!!

    *Good Question*

    **Maggie I love that story***
  • I like Elliott always have. He is a good ole boy with a huge drive to win, I hope someday soon he gets to pull into victory lane. Love his commercials too.

    Well, my favorite driver is Junior so I will just leave it at that.
  • Don't hold back. I can take it if you don't like him.

    There has been a lot of complaints about only talking about 3 or 4 drivers on here all the time and I've noticed it myself so post a question about your favorite driver and let's change things up.
  • He's my favorite driver!

    A wonderful person, so nice when you meet him, takes the time to talk and visit with each of his fans as much as he can. He does amazing fund raisers for Autism Awareness and really tries to donate all the money he possibly can.

    I think he's in a rut right now and I honestly would like to see him find a new ride (but that's just my opinion......).
  • he should be one of the top drivers in the sport. however, he is not and i think it is because evernham gives all the best stuff to kahne. which is stupid because i think kahne is one of the most overrated drivers in the sport
  • What is not to like about Elliott Sadler?? He has some tough breaks over the years, but this year even with no wins, I see him running more consistent. He is one of the drivers I really hope can get a win this year. As long as the "stars align" so to speak, he has decent cars, equipment, team and talent. He is one of the Good Guys in the garage area.
  • Well with the medias constant fawning over Kyle and Jr its kind of hard to really learn anything about any other drivers besides those guys or your favorite. But from what I have seen from Elliot he seems like a really great guy. He is absolutely hilarious on trackside when I watch. I've always been curious to see how he would do in truly top equipment because I feel like he really hasn't had the chance to show everything he has with the teams he's been with so far in his career.
  • Elliot is one of my favorites and my wife's very favorite. Nobody is more likeable than Elliot. He is snake bit though on racing. He seems to have his share of bad equipment and bad luck(sometimes brought on himself), but what a gutsy move at Infineon to race 2 laps on flat tire.
    I really wish Elliot were with a better race team because I think you would see many more wins from him.... Go 19.
  • I like Elliott a lot. He's funny, and he seems like he'd be a fun person to hang out with.
    I've felt bad for him this year, because his teammate's been doing so well and he's struggled a bit. You know he's got to be feeling some pressure to win.
    It was great to see him get a top 5 finish at Loudon. He hasn't forgotten how to win. I think he'll do it soon, and I'll be very happy for him.
  • I like him. I love that commercial he did with Rutledge last year for the All-Star race. I love the part in the commercial where he says, "A waffle maker?!". Here's the commercial:

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TUto694d2LY

    Otherwise, he's a very funny guy and he's an OK driver.
  • Considering my favorite driver is probably included in your list of "3 or 4 drivers" I will not be asking a question...

    But I don't mind Elliot. He seems like a nice enough guy. One thing's for sure though...it seems like he NEVER catches a break or is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

    He's good friends with JuneYer so he's ok in my book.
  • I don't dislike him, I HATE him!!! He has wrecked my favorite driver Tony Stewart TWICE this year by doing stupid things!!! At Darlington AND Dover! And at Dover WHAT WAS HE THINKING!!!! He took out like 8 really good cars!!! One of them being my other favorite driver Denny Hamlin!! And it was not like Tony And Denny had a little damage, there cars were TORE UP!! Me being the huge Nascar fan that I am, how do u think I felt seeing BOTH of my favorite drivers taken out of the race at LAP 18!!! Let me tell you it really did not feel very good! It would have one thing if someone would have wrecked him to start the wreck, but he caused and started the WHOLE THING!!!!!!!!!
  • I've always liked Elliott, he was one of the first drivers I cheered for when I really got into racing. I think he had a decent deal going at Yates and the move has hurt him. What I don't understand is how Kasey can do good in similar cars and why Elliott can look good in practice and qualifying but not get a decent finish. He is extremely likable but somehow his driving doesn't seem to be up to the standard that it once was. I fear his best days are already behind him but that he will be a great TV personality in the booth or for pre and post race shows.
    3 STR8 N 08!!!
  • I like Elliot, very funny guy, beaning Jeff Hammond and "rabbit release" are priceless. Damn shame he's had no luck as a driver lately. But for a guy who's only driven Fords and Dodges his whole career, I like him.
  • Elliot is great! He is a funny guy, I have liked him since he was DJ's teamate at Yates. He makes a good edition to Evernham, and the Sadlers are always funny to watch in interviews (so cute with the southern accent).
  • I love Elliot. He's in my top three favorites for a long while. It's just so frustrating to see him with such bad luck race after race. Last week I loved he finished in 5th. When the put the reslts up on the tower I yelled and pointed at Elliots 5th place win while others were cheering Kurt Busch. I was soaking wet...thrilled to the bone.
    I have seen his interviews, watched his commercials, even tried his recipes...there isn't much to NOT like about Elliot...the person.
    One thing that most stands out in my mind. Before the races, if it is raining, there will be fans with passes that will go up to a driver and hold the umbrella over their heads. You see it all the time in Hollywood but not so much in the real world like NASCAR. Anyway...this girl walked up to Elliot, and she had a small arm...it was obviously deformed. She held onto that umbrella though for Elliot. Then Elliot turns, takes the umbrella from her and holds it in his right hand over the both of them while has his left arm around her waist. Just walking her like that, close, so she doesn't get wet either.
    You can tell a lot about a person when they don't know they are really being watched at moments like that.

    Now...I know Elliot is a good driver. It's frustrating when you know that he could be in Victory Lane and doesn't get even close most times. Still...there is hope and I will support him and cheer for him for as long as he is racing.
  • No comments: