2.7.08

What do you think of Jr.s plans to race in the Australian V8 Super-car Series this December?

May be...

  • I read somewhere that the story was a hoax. There is no way that Jr is gonna be racing while the banquet is going on. The only was would be if he fell out of the chase. I dont see that happening so, I also dont see Nascar officials letting him out of the banquet either.

    Either way, I am kind of believing the hoax story.
  • He can barely drive a cup car, why would he have any business in another type of car
  • he may stand a chance at winning if he isn't racing cup drivers.
  • If he wants to do it, awesome. I won't follow it.

    1) I wish IROC was still around.
    2) Aren't Holdens more akin to Pontiacs? I know, it's nit-picking, but still... Pontiacs are Holdens and Chevys are Daewoos.
  • Not really all that suprised considering his last visit there with Ambross. TV coverage pending, it'll be something to watch on the off season at least.
  • I think it 's always a good way to pick up experience and education in a different kind of motorsport. It's like if you ride mountain bike and dirt bikes (it sharpens acuity), it makes you a better motorcycle drag racer. Maybe driving in the Super-car series will teach him a few tricks he can apply in NASCAR. It's a good thing.
  • It will be cool. Hopefully it will work out better then that 'Vette did at Sanoma in '04
  • Here's a link: http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news88a

    Here's another link on the same story: http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/wheels/site/...

    For those unaware of what kind of car a 'Holden' is, it's GM's australian division. So it's a Chevy V8.
  • I think it will be kool! Yes, #18, they do go clockwise in Australia. He will have to learn how to make a LOT of right hand turns....LOL.

    Go Jr.>>>>
  • Jr. doesn't impress me too often. Sorry, this isn't the exception. But if you're happy, I'll be happy for you.
  • It will give me an incentive to check it out but I won't be canceling any plans. It's cool. Thanks for the info.
  • I remember the last time Dale Jr. tried racing in a series not NASCAR.

    Th<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FGR0KWLs... name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FGR0KWLs51... type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>e result? Well, it wasn't pretty.
  • i'm curious - in the northern hemisphere hurricanes turn counter-clockwise and in the southern hemisphere they turn clockwise. so, do oval racers there race go clockwise as well? will junior be able to adapt?

    ;-)
  • He had a blast down there with his buddies last yr. My cousin lives down there, and covers sports and auto racing down there, he met Dale Jr. The Aussies love him down there they are glad he is coming back, and will race this time. Yes its counter clockwise down there, so yep some righthand turns, he can handle it.. I'm gonna have my cousin email me some photos this time..

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • No comments: