4.5.09

Nascar Fans, What Did You Think About Jeff Burton's 3rd Place Finish Last Night?

May be...

  • He had a very fast car and if Dale Jr hadn't have spun him out and damaged his car he might have won the the race. Im sure though it was Jeff's fault by Jr's fans. Jeff did a great job getting it back to the front by not taking out other drivers like Dale Jr did.
  • a great job
  • Interesting stat: Jeff Burton now has 8 straight top 15 finishes after starting the year with a 28th and 32nd, the longest streak of any driver right now.

    He's incredibly consistent and I liked to see him running up front. I was hoping he would chase down Kyle Busch for the win. Burton has been my second favorite driver for a while. He should still get a win or two somewhere else this year.
  • I thought it was really impressive! He didn't deserve it, but he came back from a long way in a short time!
  • I rode with Jeff during the entire race thanks to my Direct tv Hotpass!!
    he had problems early on & the incident with Jr pissed him off (Jr apologized to JB over the radio)but he ran a great race & kept digging to finish 3rd. They couldn't get in & out of the pits the way they wanted to because Jeff Gordon's pit crew kept getting in his way or JG was in his pit to far back & blocking Jeff so he had to back up to go around them.
    He was REALLY pissed at the # 44 at one point for causing so many cautions and said "if NASCAR doesn't do something about him, I will" Luckily his crew chief & spotter (rocky ryan) calmed him down, he was ready to take out A.J.
    I am happy to see him doing so good & hope his luck continues. i would love to see him win at Darlington next week!!
  • At least you stated that it was a minor incident. I'm already sick of the comments making it seem like it was the worst wreck of the decade. But as for your question, I was really happy he bounced back. I was more excited watching him and Stewart racing for 2nd than I was the winner.
  • Goes to show you that Jeff and his team has it together, Dale Jr did not mean to do that, who in Nascar would want to wreck Jeff Burton, the nicest guy in Nascar, I did not watch the race until this morning I DVR'd it,( I was litle overwhelmed with the passing of one of my kitties) and I was thinking about you, I knew you would be happy with that finish, its awesome he had a team that could get that car back and in contention, Great Job RCR #31 team.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • Beast.



    Nothing more to say.
  • I know he started 5th but he did have trouble with his car and did get into a minor incident with Jr and still finished up front!
  • Burton seems to be a nice guy and will have good finishes every so often but I doubt he will ever dominate like winning 3-4 races in a season or sniff a chase title.
  • I think it was awesome. I'm a big fan of the older, more experienced drivers, like Jeff Burton, mostly because they can still get it done. Mark Martin is my favorite, but I was pulling for Burton to chase down Busch last night.
  • He did a great job< I was very happy for him getting the finished that he did.
  • I was very impressed with his finish!
  • Great come back, he even beat the car that spun him out, and drove through the incident, by 24 places.
  • Very Good Run For Him.. He Deserved It
  • It was good.
  • Maybe Jeff Burton should start filling his waterbottle with NOS energy drinks (better yet Rockstar) It seemed like he had to get pissed off before he realized he was driving in heavy competition. I liked seeing him move his machine up to the top five.
    Note: I really liked the paint scheme on Jeff Burtons car. I thought he had the coolest looking car on the track.
  • I loved Jeff Burton's 3rd place finish.
    I love it when he wins, just so they can do a close up on Kim.
    She's like a giddy school girl cheerleader.
    It makes me smile.
  • Surprising, seeing how when Dale Jr. wrecked him I thought it had turned to junk.
  • He did a great job bringing it back to the front after his little incident. I wasn't to thrilled about the purple paint scheme though :)
  • i hope he has more llike that... and hopefull all season long
  • He earned that finish- it wasn't an easy 3rd place finish by any means.

    I think that if a caution had come out, he would have finished 2nd or 1st, depending on whether he would have passed Stewart. Kyle had little hope of holding them off if a caution came out.canceled changed fare flight reservation
  • No comments: