16.5.09

Nascar Nation...Do you, or someone in your family, work in the automotive industry?

May be...

  • My Aunt and cousin were both saleswomen at dealerships in Orlando, then they moved to Vegas, and did the same thing there, but late last year they both got laid off. They moved back here when my grandmother passed away, and no dealerships in the area were hiring. I haven't heard if any of the dealers around here are shutting down.
  • Yes, I have a friend that her husband works as a mechanic for Chrysler, and from what it looks like he still has a job! YEE HAAA!
  • I'm not in the automotive but I'm in the heavy equipment industry and we are hurting to
  • My wife has relatives that used to work at the GM truck assembly plant in Janesville, WI. I used to sell cars out of a Chevy/Buick/Pontiac/Olds dealership but got into real estate 3 1/2 years ago. I still have lots of friends that sell cars or are involved with dealerships. From mechanics to F&I managers, service writers to receptionists and even the detailer. I know tons of people that are immediately or potentially affected by the automotive industry. My prayers join yours and I hope for some solutions and healing in this troubled industry!
    Jonah's FINE N 09!!!!
  • negative; though some of my clients are the aluminum die-caster that make a lot the parts and pieces under the hood. big steel, forging, heat treating, and primary aluminum all are close to hitting bottom.
  • I have a brother that works at a Discount Tire.
  • Well I was in the Teamsters Union for 17 years and I guess you could say I have alot of brothers and sisters hurt by the slumping economy amongst other things. Hang tough brothers and sisters, better things are to come.

    BTW: Super Nice Avatar!
  • I own a Trucking company and a Used car lot. My Uncle had 2 Chrysler dealerships in South Carolina and they shut both of them down but he still has a GM dealership.




    H E N D R I C K~M O T O R S P O R T S~R U L E S ! ! ! ! !
  • I have experience in both the automotive industry and heavy equipment industry and work is very hard to find in both places. My advice now is if you have a job don't go looking for greener pastures, just stay put.



    GO 24!!!!
  • Just curious how many nascar fans work in the automotive industry. My husband works for a Chrysler dealership and their dealership is the only Chrysler dealership in the area that did not shut down.
    -My prayers go out to all who have lost jobs in the auto industry-
  • I have worked in the auto industry for about 10 years now for several different suppliers. Its worse now than its ever been since I've been working.

    Sadly we supply Toyota (cut a little production), Honda (cut a lot of production), GM (cut a little production), and Nissan (actually maintained production but we lose money on every part we make for them).
  • I took a Vo Tech class on Auto Body, learning how to fix dents and paint cars. Haven't done anything with that except working in an airport in a custom paint shop for small planes. Quit that job last summer.

    I've recently begun to start thinking about going to the NASCAR Technical Institute and getting a better education on cars.
  • does working on my truck every other day count?i have to get back and forth to work somehow.............no not really,my truck is fine.but i do have a few friends that work at car dealers here in town.one of my friends is store manager at the kia dealership,2 friends own car lots,one a honda dealer and the other a small one.
    so far around here,the dealerships are still doing o.k.as far as i know they are all still in business and some even have sales help signs out.fastest personal watercraft
  • No comments: