11.3.08

Since this was removed?

May be...

  • I think that letting him go was a necessary move, & one that will turn out to be in the best interest of everyone involved...This way everyone is satisfied with the way things are, & the season won't be filled with complaining & people feeling they are misunderstood & being taken advantage of..
  • looks to me everything is working out just fine
  • Long way to go yet...Go Harvick!!!
  • I think Kyle fits in better at JGR. I was concerned at first because I'm not a big fan of Tony or Denny, but Joe Gibbs was the coach of a very successful football team, and really knows how to deal with all the personality quirks and egos of an athlete. - And yes, they are athletes! - Rowdy doesn't have to try to be someone he's not, a cookie cutter version of Jeff and Jimmie.

    I think everyone ends up winning on this one, and I think this situation went a long way in helping Kyle to mature a bit.
  • Well, Kyle really hasn't proved anything in NASCAR. 3 years, and 5 wins. That's respectful, but what does it mean? I dislike Jr., but at least Jr. will be respectful in this type of team chemistry. Jr. has more fans. Jr. tears up less equipment, and his knowledge in the sport is pretty good to. He doesn't get frustrated, or cry when something goes wrong. He can admit his mistakes. So in my opinion, see you later scrub or schrub or whatever, I'll take the southern boy of Jr. on my team any day.
  • You have to think of each car and driver like a race horse and jockey, you have to find the right jockey for a certin horse, and Hendrick gave Kyle the wrong horse. I think Kyle and the #18 is a triple crown winner! Go Rowdy!
  • I agree with Sally B.
    Also, I don't put too much stock in what DW says. He is blatantly pro-Toyota. IMO, a TV analyst should at least try to pretend to be unbiased.
    Everyone's Kyle Busch crazy right now, but we're only 4 races into the season. Hendrick shall rise again! lol
  • Kyle is doing better with Joe Gibbs. It sometimes takes the right fit to make it work!
  • I am going to ask the same question again!

    Now that Kyle Busch has won his first race and the way that DW has been talking about how he is going to win the championship this year, should they just crown him now? Should they crown him for the truck and nationwide series while they are at too?

    Everyone is saying that Hendrick is kicking himself over having let Kyle go, I dont really think he is. I know that Busch would have been way more unhappy than what he is now and as a result of being unhappy he would not be where he is in the points and I believe that he would have been miserable. Do you think that it was the right move by Hendrick to let Kyle go? I will go so far as to say dont include Dale Jr in the argument because Busch's contract would have been up at the end of this year any how and I think that he would have went to a different team any how.
  • Kyle just didnt fit in at Hendrick plain and simple. I dont think Rick wanted to have to pick the pieces after Kyle mad a mess of things. Rick Hendrick made a real god investment by signing junior, look at all the money he will make because of Junior and not Kyle.
  • Bad decsion...no...as far as it goes though not saying JR?...can you..even those who hate JR...you have him in your stable (along with johnson and gordon), the money the fans, the drama....what else could you want in a team...id much rather have JR as the face of my organization as opposed to a overrated cocky, disrespectful driver...and i have to agree that people are saying alot about lil busch after 4 races....you race three series at the same track...you better win...and as far as other drivers...listen to some of the past interviews from truck and nat. drivers...they DO NOT LIKE/RESPECT Busch at all....i would be surprised if he finishes in the top ten at Bristol...let alone win the championship....
  • I think Kyle and HMS were going to part ways not matter what. I think it's a better fit all the way around the way it is now. I think both Busch and Jr. feel more at home where they are now. As for the championship it's way to early to tell who will win this year. With the cars being made more the same and with the improvements all the teams have been making, I think we may be in for several lead changes and a lot closer points race all together.
  • I think Kyle is better off but I don't think Hendrick is kicking himself.
  • Sorry your question was deleted. To make a long story short and without saying JR's name, it was a bad decision to let Kyle go!!!
  • Hendrick made a mistake but Busch didn't want to be there.
  • It just shows that it was Hendrick that was the problem, not Busch. I hope that Kyle does great and shows Hendrick that he can drive, he made a mistake and you get what you pay for.
  • It is WAY too early to crown anyone a NASCAR champion. We as Americans love instant gratification and are prone to thinking "oh, someone's doing well, let's anoint them..now." That's really sad. My suggestion is to just wait and see how things turn out.

    As for Rick Hendrick and Hendrick Motorsports kicking themselves for letting Kyle Busch go, that is speculation rather than facts, and I would suspect that most of those who write that are Kyle Busch fans. I think a lot of the decision to let Kyle go had to do with chemistry. Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt, Jr, and Casey Mears are all fierce competitors but also pretty laid-back personalities, while Kyle Busch seems something of the opposite. Was letting Kyle go the right decision at Hendrick Motorsports? Only time will tell.
  • This seems to happen fairly often. A promising young driver has a little success and the next thing you know he's the driver to beat for the championship. I will believe it when I see it, after they take the checkered flag at Homestead. Kyle is a great driver and the move benefitted him AND Hendrick Motorsports. Everybody wants there to be a winner and loser in this deal but I think it was best for all parties concerned. Getting rid of Kyle had nothing to do with his ability and if Jr wasn't a good fit at HMS Rick wouldn't have brought him into the fold just because of his name and marketability. The JGR fans are counting an awful lot of chickens based on 4 races. If the eggs hatch out they will have plenty to eat but if they don't they might have to eat crow instead.
  • It was the best move for all involved.

    Jr. is a better fit with Hendrick than Kyle was. Kyle is a great fit at Gibbs and will win more.

    I think it would be great to see him win the Truck and Nationwide series but as much as I like Kyle I really want Jimmie to get a third Cup Championship.
  • I'm with Trego on this all the way....Well said.
  • No they shouldnt go ahead and Crown Him or anyone this early
    And Hendrick is rolling in Dough off of Jr!!!!!!
  • Nope. They can't crown him now. He hasn't won the championship yet.
  • I said last year that HMS should have kept Kyle Busch as he has more talent than Jr.

    The season will prove me correct.
  • I hate to keep repeating this but Kyle was let go because of his attitude. Hendrick specifically said it was not because of his performance. What part of that is so hard to understand?

    The other thing is Kyle was shocked to be let go and readjusted his attitude because of that. Gibbs has an edge in power at the moment and that is part of what is happening. Things will even out over the course of the season. If I had to bet on the championship between Kyle and Jr I would bet on Jr. Oops, sorry I mentioned the J word.
  • No comments: