14.3.08

Who is staying up until stupid O'clock to watch the Australian GP quali?

May be...

  • Be worth staying up to see McLaren disqualified for cheating.
    I see Autosport has yet again become the Hamilton fanzine !
  • You bet! I'm buzzing (in more way then 1). Only 1 hr 30 Min's until the coverage starts. My other half is reading in bed and I'm sat here with my Lewis Hamilton's St George cross flag draped over the sofa. GO LEWIS!!!!!!!!!!
  • Yep, i'll be doing my usual routine of the last decade; Large sweet black coffee at 12 and lots of bad 'cop chasing criminals' tv shows to make me laugh and keep me hyper.
    Hope its a good race on sunday! Wooo hoooo!!!!!!
  • Guilty as charged, will be up at "sparrow's fart" but I will cheat and get some zeds in earlier, don't want to fall asleep on lap 53. Pole.? A Maclaren or a Ferrari or maybe the Pole on pole (groan).. Whether they make it past the 1st corner on the "First day back at school", the jury is out.
  • I plead insanity, but it's been a long wait and I'll be there.
  • No wonder Bernie wants it to be a Night Race...

    Its at 8:30 AM in India, so no worries. Soon after an early breakfast, sipping a cup of tea ...

    It should be fun after Kubica was the fastest and Lewis and Kimi managing just 12th and 14 in the last practice session.
    (Val, Lewis is very close to the position that I "predicted" earlier)
  • Hi Val

    I love the F1 racing. Lewis is going to be champion this year.

    Don't think I'll be up at 3am for the race - I'll catch the rerun later
  • I'll be up watching it. Its been 4 months since the last race and I cant wait for the new season to start. The re-runs are 12 hours later but I could'nt wait that long.
    Mclaren 1 2
  • well well well, now you know what it takes to be a dedicated american f1 fan. for us the race starts at 11:00 pm tomorrow night and i will be there with the coffee brewing
  • i will b, i live here.lol
  • Oh yeah you can count me in too!!!
  • I got hooked on F1 in 1996 and never missed a live quali or race yet. I would be ready to kill if I heard the result before watching a race. It must be soul destroying to tune in 5 minutes too early on a re-run and catch the result on the news. Why do they do that? I sit there all smug because I've already seen it and ready to watch it again.

    I'm a female in my 40's and my mates think I'm completely mad for even watching it, but my world stops for F1.

    I guess a Ferrari will be on pole but I hope it's a Maclaren.
  • I certainly will be, and I'm up later (or earlier depending wheat way you look at it lol) coz i'm in Germany and have to wait till 3am for quali to start!! Can't wait though!!!!

    I think Lewis will snatch pole, just to piss off Raikkonen who I think underestimates the McLarens a bit...
  • It starts at around 11am for us here in hk. I woke up extra early and I'm keeping myself busy with chores so i don't fall back asleep before it starts in 2 ******* hours!
  • I can't wait until Sunday, so who do you think will get pole?

    Australians are NOT excluded, even though it will be a normal time of day for them lol
  • Me!

    And I've got work at 8 the next morning. Should be fun.

    Pole Hamilton
    2 Massa
    3 Kovalainen
    4 Raikkonen
    5 Alonso
    6 Coulthard
    7 Kubica
    8 Piquet jr
    9 Webber
    10 Heidfeld
    and the rest.

    Enjoy the Season, everybody!

    Leon [BMW Sauber/Nick Heidfeld fan]
    Chesterfield, England
  • I'm gonna either stay up or get up at stupid o'clock simply cos my F1 withdrawal symptoms are too much to bear. I wanna see some live action on track. ps thanks for answering my question. I think Kimi will get pole (if not then Lewis).
  • Not me!
  • in england it is on at 2.15 am !!!!

    i want to watch it but i don't think my mum will let me :( o well the repeats will come on :D
  • sky plus- invented for lazy f1 fans like me!
  • In Arizona it's on in primetime, oh and its also 85 outside.
  • stupid people thats who
  • MEEEEEE!!!!

    and I'm very glad I'm not the only one :)

    As for pole, I wouldn't be surprised to see an all red front row with Kimi heading the grid (even though I'm not a Ferrari fan).
  • I'm not scared of staying up late to watch hamilton rinse the grid!!
  • Speedtv in the states will show it at 10:00 PM my time and I'm wide awake to watch!
  • I object to your question about "Stupid" o'clock.

    Having said that, either I will stay up and watch it here in the States on the East coast on Speed-late Saturday into early Sunday morning-but if I can't stay up, I will tape it and watch it later.
  • No comments: