15.10.08

How about a NASCAR race on Thanksgiving Day? ?

May be...

  • i would like to watch football rather more

    football has more fans and truly is a fast game im sorry but nascar doesnt have the fans and nascar is exciting but most people dont find the suspense in it and the excitment so no
  • Yeah that would be awesome. I love watching cars go around in circles for hours on end. What a great idea. Just shoot me in the head.
  • no football or racing but how about maggie the reborn rebel making me a cherry pie. ha ha ha.
  • Racing on turkey day is hazardous to the drivers. See the turkeys all know what day it is so they move to the city where shooting guns is illegal in an attempt to save theirs feathers. What they don't know is that cars going 195 mile per hour can make them loose their feathers also and be dangerous to the drivers. Have you ever hit a buzzard doing 60 mph? I have. We didn't have any window tear-offs either...!!!

    Nah .. they need a break. That's probably the only time when the question "How do drivers go to the bathroom when driving?" is actually a serious question. After eating a big turkey dinner I'm sure they will need to make several trips to the bathroom ... LOL
  • That's a fantastic idea, however I don't think the drivers would like it. Run the idea by them Maggie and see what they say....lol
  • I say they all have a big drivers and families dinner


    then they have an All star type race

    but at what track??????????????????????/
  • I know all about drivers wanting to spend time with their families and having dinner etc...but don't football players???
    I mean we have the big Macy's Day parade and other sports so why not after dinner sit down to a great race?? Who would like that instead of football??

    Me.
  • I know what your talking about. I would love for them to race 52 weeks a year but thats not gonna happen. Great idea!
  • it's tradition. While that may be cool, I'm a football fan, and I'm open to that. It's unrealistic though. Too many huge football fans that love to see the Lions get pummeled over turkey and cranberry sauce
  • I think that would be nice. a charity race. The turkey 200. they eat after they race though. it could just be a fun race.
    Good idea
  • I would love it. But not going to happen. At best the friday after.
  • anything but football
    let the crew cheifs race or something
    turkey eating contest between the tire changers
  • I think the day after would be cool. Cuz they too need to stay home and enjoy Turkey Day.
  • I love that idea I'd love to sit down to a race after some good ol' home cooking with my family but it could get rather scary cause alot of us root for different drivers and it could turn into a knock down drag out family gathering LOL
  • Anything would be better then watching the Lions. Soap Box derby would be more exciting.
  • Well It would rock! but you see they probably like being with there family. and that is after the regular season.. of nascar so it'd like.. idk they'd have to like not start the season til later or make it longer but it would be cool
  • That would be awesome !
  • That would be awesome! It would make a great long holiday weekend!

    In 2001, because of 9/11, they ran the New Hampshire race on 11/23 which was on Friday after Thanksgiving. They were worried about snow, but it turned out to be a balmy day in the 50's. I've been to spring Bristol races colder than that! LOL!

    If Nascar would extend the season another couple of weeks, they could run it in Homestead like they do the last race now and give Kentucky and Rockingham the races they deserve. Nice and toasty warm in Miami in November!

    EDIT: Sorry to have brought up bad memories, Maggie. That wasn't my intention.

    I think the thumbs downers are Thanksgiving Scrooges.
  • Personally I love the idea, but it wouldn't work in my family we are used to watching the Lions lose on Thanksgiving, kind of a tradition. LOL!
  • Maggie, Maggie, Maggie..

    Guess what?

    That would not be a bad idea..

  • HELL NO!!! GIANTS ALL THE WAY BABY ALL THE WAY!!!
  • no way football is way better if you really want to see cars driving go outside and watch the road
  • It wouldn't be a bad idea. I always like the thought of Nascar becoming an every week race year round. I'm a bigger Nascar fan than in football but America's favorite sport on Thanksgiving is football. I could see the race run at Daytona.

    What's your problem football fans. Everybody who gives thumbs down on saying Nascar is not an American sport is ghetto and screwed up.
  • I feel really bad for the 4 teams that play football EVERY year on thanksgiving they NEVER get to spend it with their families.

    No, I don't like this idea, I don't like any sports occuring on Thanksgiving Day. It is a day to give thanks and enjoy a big meal with your family. Let the athletes have that to.blue tooth virtual serial port
  • No comments: