15.10.08

Who Else Enjoyed the old NASCAR Starting Line Up on FOX?

May be...

  • Yes, I love the song and wish FOX would show the entire season. I can't stand ABC/ESPN coverage.
    Favorite moment of all time....Cale Yarborough vs The Allisons Daytona 1979. Or the day that Dale Sr finaly won the Daytona 500. I still get goosebumps when I think about that, let alone when I see a video of it.
  • yes, I do miss that I loved it.
    I really miss this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlWXF4fkQ...
    I was at that race. It was the first race after 9/11 and they handed out American flags along with flags for the race to every fan. I still have mine. Dale Jarrett, Ricky Rudd, and Joe Nemecheck all had flags on their hoods, and Ken Schrader's car was a flag. Dale Jr won the race that day btw.
    What was my favorite race of all time. Jeremy's first win at Pocono in 98, his win in Pocono 2000 with the bump and run on Dale Sr, and his Richmond win to get into the chase, ive never seen him as happy as he was that night (not to say I didn't love his other 2 wins also, because I did), and Brians 06 Dega win that he dedicated to Ricky as soon as he got out of the car.
  • Woah! Brings back a lot of memories from '04 and '05..
    WOW!
    Thanks...
    Love hearing Mike Joy's voice and that theme music every Sunday..
    Gave me that kinda feeling that I still remember today... it's a weird but ... good feeling..

    Favorite race?
    There's not really one...[all really just the ones that Jeff won]
    ....ummm...
    Those two consecutive Aaron's 499 he won in '04 and '05..
    Remember how good of a car he had..
    Those are the days of NASCAR I cherish the most..
    Nowadays, the ESPN crew are not memorable.. They're boring..
    The FOX crew are fun...
  • theres alot i miss about WINSTON CUP
  • I sure did. I miss that song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivQEsBqgn...

    (Just Watch the Starting Line Up and Listen to the Music in the BackGround)

    This is also for Tom G haha. Elliott on Pole.

    What was/ is your Favorite Race of All time?
  • yha


    my fav race of all tme was the 98 daytona 500
  • Wow, that is pretty cool thanks for that.

    Favorite race had to be 1998 when Earnhardt won his 1st Daytona 500. That race is burned into my memory forever, talk about a tear jerker.

    RIP Intimidator.
  • I miss that so much. 2003 was my first season as a full-time fan and I loved it. I have the whole season on tape. That's a terrible picture of Elliott, lol. Good to see him on the pole though. My favorite race of all time is that race, Ricky Craven and Kurt Busch dueling like crazy.
  • I did as well. My fav race was 1992 Hooters 500 with Elliott winning an awesome race!
    NBC I think did the worst coverage of NASCAR in the history of the sport.
  • I sure did too, and I have to say GB summed it up pretty good with just two words - WINSTON CUP.
  • Yeah, me too. I liked it.

    My favorite race of all time, that's a tough one. If I had to pick just one I might have to go with July 7. 2001 when Dale Jr won the pepsi 400 first time back to Daytona after his Dad got killed. Besides it being a very emotional and exciting race, that was the last seemingly halcyon endless summer before Sept. 11 and the world will never be the same again.
  • I miss Fox.
  • Thanks for the memories! Spencer and Nadeau in the 2nd row, with Elliot on the pole. Wow! Fave race of all time: 1998 Daytona, when Dale Sr. (R.I.P.) finally won the elusive 500. It was a great day in history!

    *JUJU*
  • That's cool ,I miss those days with Fox . My favorite races were the 97 and the 98 Daytona 500's. 97 My boy won ,98 The Intimidator won !
  • Yep. I miss that song too. I recall how excited I would get as soon as that strted playing and you knew the race was coming. I didn't see that particular race though. After Dale Sr. passed away I couldn't watch racing for a long while.

    I don't really have a very favorite...there are many sleepers though. I guess the one that comes to mind is the 1998 Daytona 500 when Sr. won it.destinator gps patch
  • No comments: