31.1.09

Nascar Who is Tetsuo Fuchigami ?

May be...

  • AKA George Tet was an owner/driver from New York who ran, one or two NASCAR Cup races (it was called Grand National back then) in the early sixties.. one of them may have been the Daytona 500
  • Where am i from ?
    What is my best ?
  • "George Tet" Tetsuo Fuchigami

    George Tet, the first Japanese NASCAR driver and a florist from Long Island, New York, aka Tetsio Futchiami, was a top New England area modified driver back in the 50's and 60's. He was the Islip Speedway 1960 Champion.

    Tet only raced three times in NASCAR and he was over his head at Daytona as witnessed in the 1961 Daytona 500 as he started 55th and finished 51st, only lasting 24 laps.

    George's American family were actually from Hawaii, but of Japanese decent. Being the first Japanese NASCAR driver, he adds to the Legend of NASCAR.


    Yeah, just a copy/paste, I know. I was actually amazed to find that there was a Japanese driver in the 1960s- I remember a few years ago there was a Japanese driver in NASCAR, and the announcers (incorrectly, now) said he was the first Japanese driver. I guess though they were both right and wrong, since Tetsuo isn't from Japan, he's from NY.
  • I THOUGHT I NEW LIKE ALL THE DRIVERS BUT I DONT RECALL HEARING ABOUT HIM SORRY BUT HE SOUNDS SWEET
  • I had sex with him last night.
  • First Japanese NASCAR driver...
    Actually from Hawaii but Japanese decent.
    His average finish was 37.5

    Tet only raced three times in NASCAR and he was over his head at Daytona as witnessed in the 1961 Daytona 500 as he started 55th and finished 51st, only lasting 24 laps.

    http://www.legendsofnascar.com/Geo_Tet.h...
  • I had NO clue!!


    GREAT QUESTION!!!!
  • thx i just learned another NASCAR fact, coolsignal light problems
  • No comments: