31.1.09

What could Nascar do to speed up the action?

May be...

  • Do away with the long pre-race shows and have a post-race show/interview.
  • I take it that you believe you are a fan, huh?

    I don't care how boring people might think a race is, if you are a fan, the boring parts just make the excitement that much better.
  • Less pre-race.....ugh! But after the green flag drops I don't see your point. Nascar is exciting to me. But I do hate when they say a race "Starts at 230 on FOX" but in reality the prerace starts at 230 the race won't start until 4. I hate the pre-race.

    Just an opinion as always.
  • Lose the pace car. For incidents involving potential loss of life, red flag the race. Position cranes at the most likely accident sites to lift the wrecks off the track.
  • I don't really think Nascar wants to or can speed up the action. Cautions mean money to them in the way of commercial time. And I think the drivers need a break now and then.
    This is what I do to speed up the action. When watching Nascar on TV I use a DVR. I set it to record the race. After the race has been on for at least 90 minutes I start watching it or if it is a afternoon race I can wait and watch it that night. I got feed up years ago with the commercials and cautions. I simply forward through all the commercials and only watch the cautions long enough to see the replays. This allows me to watch the race in about have the time. I'm only interested in watching the racing!
    Peace!
  • Nothing. NASCAR racing is the most action packed sport on this planet. Maybe it's just so intense your brain can't keep up with the action. Ball games are boring to me. At least in NASCAR they don't have to sit around and wait to take a turn. They're constantly moving, and they're moving fast! All at the same time.All the teams at the same time. What other sport includes every team in the league at once. Now that's what I call action!
  • I used to work a medic at our local dirt track.

    The clean up crews @ Nascar do a great job and all things considered, fairly fast. They have to be very vigilant in their cleanup because a small piece of metal or a bolt could tear up another tire causing another pileup.

    Also, the cautions are very important in the strategy of races. Many races have been decided on the use of pit stops during cautions.
  • It gets old hearing "fans" talk about dull these races are. I haven't watched a race yet that I considered dull. Some are better than others yes but none are boring. I would suggest you just not watch the first 3 hours.
  • swanktruth........Obviuosly the best part of you ran don't your mother's leg.............Rednecks huh?? There are 23 states and several foreign countries represented in NASCAR..............Does not sound "redneck" to me.................Go back into your cave!

    In answer to the question; at a lot of tracks they get upwards of 200 miles per hours...........that's pretty fast!!!
  • you know what stop bitching about the races if you don't like them then stop watching. I'm so sick of these so called fans whining about it.
  • Add another lane, lol
  • A fairer restart policy--------------not right behind each other , but staggered, like racers start in the mile etc
  • Death race style weapons on the vehicles. No rules.

    Get guys on death row to drive it.

    I mean, that's 100 times better then watching some rednecks go around a circle 200 times.

    Rally racing > NASCAR
  • I agree about the cautions...sheesh they do get long. Actually its the laps they run after the wreck or debri that caused the caution is cleaned up. Like when they say three more laps before the green...why? Its cleaned up...let the guys race. Let the fans get something more for their money. I love racing...I am so addicted to my TV set and I get to go several times a year so I am not bashing at all I just want to see more racing and less stalling.
  • Nascar is #1. Football is only good for the Superbowl party, commercials and 1/2 time show. I like Baseball and Hockey. All other sports I would rank in order of how much I hate them. Basketball would rank at the top of that list.
  • On paper it would slow it down, but early in the history of the Craftsman Truck (now Camping World) series, they had a good idea.

    Run the first half of the race, then have a mandatory caution and have all the cars come down pit road for adjustments, and have somewhat of a 15-minute break. Then after the break is over and a couple of pace laps, green flag is out for the second half!

    Imagine how different races would be if that was in place. And also it would bring more importance into those early miles.
  • Too many stop and go's. Makes it hard to watch some races.how to destroy someone financially
  • No comments: