17.2.09

F1 Fans: Who will get the call for the US F1 Team?

May be...

  • Whichever drivers will do us proud. I hope Marco Andretti is in the mix. Danica would be a pure publicity stunt, but the team would need the revenue she would bring in. I have no problem with Danica. I just find her to be a little too arrogant when you consider she hasn't really done sh*t. Kind of like Ralf Schumacher, but to the 3rd power of misplaced hubris. Tripple cocky. Stuck up times 3 lol.
  • .

    We need Danica Double Dozy D's for the glAmour. After all isn't that what F1 is all about?

    Then we'll have Monaco, Stingeypore, the Start Line Laviscious Laydies and alSo Danica's Dozy D's!! How about that for glAmour, eh!!!

    Won't change anything for me though. I'll still be here watching the F1 as usual; sitting next to my 70's Lava Lamp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitter_lam... wearing my three button high waisters and stax shoes, with a background of Sweet and Gary Glitter on 8-track!

    F1 - It's ALL done in THE BEST POSSIBLE TASTE!!!!

    .
  • Scott Speed is the only american with F1 experience but he wasnt very good in Torro Rosso I doubt he will do better now.

    I dont think Danica Patrick would be a good F1 driver, I'm all about feminism but I dont think she's got what it takes. The USF1 team only want her for commercial use.

    Some possible candidates would be Robert Doornbos, in 2006 he was the 3rd rider of Redbull Racing he raced 3 races and finished 12th, 13th & 12th. Not very impressive but he has a lot of potential and would surely progress if he got more time to test.

    And Barrichello or Button should stay and drive for an F1 team.
  • I heard that they were looking at Danica because she can pull a headline, also they were looking at Scott Speed due to previous F1 experience. They said they really wanted American drivers so they have a chance to experience F1.
    I'm from Australia and I don't know many American drivers so I can't comment further.
  • Well USF1 have come out and stated that they want to run American Drivers, and as I don't think Danica Patrick is anywhere near being one of the best in her current series, stepping up to F1 could and probably would be disastrous (I thinking along the lines of the Inoue's, Deletraz's, Lavaggi's... two of which are good sports car racers now, but NOT F1 class at all)

    My two candidates for a 2010 race seat would be the two youngsters with the famous names and talent to match... Marco Andretti and Graham Rahal. Both are ambitious young individuals who have inherited a great deal of talent from their father's, and aren't too ingratiated in the American scene yet to have missed the boat internationally due to their youth. Andretti has impressed a little in A1GP which is quite competitive, and young Rahal won on his debut on a street track and has shown interest in F1 in the past. Their names alone also give F1 some more glamour (as if it needs it!!) as we'd have a bunch of star-names in the Championship... Rosberg, Senna (maybe), Piquet, Nakajima... Andretti... Rahal!?! Sounds a lot better than having a woman really for the sake of her being a woman, because her talent is nowhere near what is required.

    Watching 'road course' races in IndyCar often gives away who is best, and she has been nowhere in them... whereas the top names in the series always are... Dixon, Andretti, Wilson, Rahal, Castroneves, Briscoe..

    I think with the right drivers, this could be a very good advert for diversifying internationally in F1, as the Euro-centricity of the teams needs some competition.
  • Rumors are swirling about...Danica Patrick (I would rather not rant about this one, too much too say)

    What american driver(s) do you think could be driving for the team?
    Who are the best candidates?
    Will this team Succeed?papaete
  • No comments: