15.2.09

How serious is F1 in your family?

May be...

  • I'm the only one in my apartment, so I'm the only F1 nut in this household lol. I can tell you a story way back in 2000 during the Japanese GP. As usual SpeedTV was broadcasting the race and qualifying live and as you know Harrison the Pacific races are shown at close to midnight to people in the USA. While I was working the overnight shift during the qually I pretty much forced my ex g/f to watch the coverage and give me feedback whenever I called her, which happened to be every ten minutes lol. Here is a rough draft of how things went.

    Me: Baby...how much time is left in the session?

    Ex: I have no idea! Why am I watching this? Aren't you recording it?

    Me: Don't worry about that! Who's on track now?

    Ex: The Schumacher dude in the red car. I like the red cars. Is that why he wins so much? His car looks faster than the others.

    Me: Hey love we want the silver and black car to win...How is Mika doing?

    Ex: Speak for yourself. I like the red car. Who is Mika? All I know is that the Schumacher man is gonna win tomorrow, just because you are forcing me to watch this for you.

    'Click'

    Her words turned out to be prophetic. I was off work the next night and MS won the WDC. Seeing how happy he was helped ease the disappointment a little. I've never seen a driver so happy to win.
  • My Mum loves F1, I do and 1 of my Cousin's do, the rest hate it.
    My Mum fell in love with James Hunt back in the day.
  • Is it not a big deal?
    Is it a HUGE deal (like my family)?

    What is really crazy about it?

    I can tell you mine
    Me and my dad love Lewis Hamilton
    I for one, have always liked McLaren (Mikka)
    But, my dad HATES McLaren
    If I were to buy a Mercedes, who would kill me...no joke
    I joke about it all the time with him

    What is you crazy story?
  • My family is far away from me now, but am living with another family now, and we all there are like crazy for F1, even when Shumi left we still wake up late at night to watch it, when the race is mid day time, our time, some dont go to work to watch it, some will call sick and dont go to school, its a crazy expensive sports but everyone like it.


    Love
  • My dad has been an F1 fan since the 60's and has met drivers Pedro Rodriguez and Jackie Stewart. He told me about F1 in 1999 at Indianapolis when we heard about F1 having a GP there. Back then, I was into the American open-wheel racing (which was known at CART; now is called Indycar).

    When our cable received Speedtv for the first time, my dad saw that they had F1 and he showed me the race and at the time, I wasn't really into it, but when the American open-wheel racing started to die down, I turned my interest into F1 and the next thing I know, I was hooked.

    My dad took myself and my brother to Indy for the first USGP and I just completely fell in love with the sport.

    My brother likes F1 too, but not so much like myself. My sister doesn't like to watch races, but she has gone to 3 USGP's as a favor to my dad. My mom watches F1, but she has trouble understanding what is going on.

    My family in general is all about racing, but F1 is the top sport to watch in my household!
  • my family hate F1 as a whole, and especially Schumy when he nwas dominating loooolcalling paging
  • No comments: